Today's Doctor Visit

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Today's Doctor Visit

Post by Oldgringo »

Lynyrd wrote:All kidding aside, I wish my doctor's office was that supportive of LTC. You are lucky sir. Unfortunately ours is posted 30.06/30.07. I may have to go in with an empty holster next time and see how the conversation goes.
Our Doctored, who recently retired, is a native born east Canadian transplanted years ago to Texas. He saw my empty holster on one visit and asked if I had dropped/lost my gun? IOW, no problem....in Texas. If that had happened in Ontario, I'd probably still be in jail.

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mel »

Skiprr wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Actually, I read the scales and deducted 4 pounds for loaded gun, belt, holster and shoes.
The last time I was left to read the scale myself, I deducted 15 pounds on general principle. The doctor was not amused.
Whenever I'm asked to step on the scales, I remind the nurse that, "I need a haircut!"
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

Mel wrote:
Skiprr wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Actually, I read the scales and deducted 4 pounds for loaded gun, belt, holster and shoes.
The last time I was left to read the scale myself, I deducted 15 pounds on general principle. The doctor was not amused.
Whenever I'm asked to step on the scales, I remind the nurse that, "I need a haircut!"
"I grew a beard! Look at the beard. That's gotta be worth at least 4 pounds. Right?"
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

johncanfield wrote:Nice! My PCP is at the VA, no guns, no knives, no cussing, no spitting, etc. :nono:

At least I don't spit :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”