Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
EdnaBambrick
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Armed and Anxious

Post by EdnaBambrick »

A whole closet of worms in this report.

My take: nice gun choice, decent grouping but needs to get real about gun safety and gun storage.

I don't think either of her children are equipped to handle the choices surrounding lethal force.

treadlightly

Re: Armed and Anxious

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting, and I believe a healthy movement.

Guns and responsibility go together. A snowflake who takes up arms for self-defense today because Trump got elected might well end up voting for his reelection.

Edited to add - those are nice guns. Revolvers conceal well. Mmmm.... Ruger.....

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

The woman who says two of her friends have been attacked since the election failed to mention the race of the attackers.....most likely black on black. As far as group think....I haven't heard of bands of whites roaming and attacking.....black bands-yes. So, I would say the woman would more likely need to use her Ruger against a black perp than a white.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

WTR wrote:The woman who says two of her friends have been attacked since the election failed to mention the race of the attackers.....most likely black on black. As far as group think....I haven't heard of bands of whites roaming and attacking.....black bands-yes. So, I would say the woman would more likely need to use her Ruger against a black perp than a white.

All of these stories of " someone I know" have never been validated. If they were true, the MSM would be saturated with them.

There has been a false narrative going around, that Trump supporters ( who as we all know are racist, sexist, etc) have been roaming the streets attacking everyone who is not white, heterosexual, male. But so far they are just urban legends. They don't mention any of the left's riots, attacks, etc. That are verified because those don't fit the agenda.
No one mentions that the original intent of gun control laws was to prevent freed slaves from being able to defend themselves.

I'm for every American being able to exercise their 2A rights, but this seems to be a way to divide people.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rotor

Post by rotor »

What bothers me is the narrative that a racist is in the White House which is not true now. If whites had said Obama was a racist they would have been castigated.
In general though if you neglect the political bias guns to protect our families is good and not bad.
Black ants go to war against red ants and vice-versa. People who are "different" will always pose a threat to some people. Different color, different religions. All the same thing and the hate groups are out there, most recently the Jewish community center bomb threats and Dylan Roof who was going to stop at another church and kill more black people but he was too tired.
That little snubbie in .357 magnum though will be a handful to shoot. This lady is doing the right thing to protect herself. I don't know the laws in her state about access to guns by minors which she may be violating. More families protecting themselves is what we want. This lady will protect her family from bad guys no matter what their color.

Topic author
EdnaBambrick
Banned

Post by EdnaBambrick »

That is a powerful choice for a handgun - and again not bad shooting for a newbie. I like the hammerless design - nothing to get caught - but only 5 shots? It's why my choice is the FNH 5.7, 21 rounds of Elite ammo and a green Viridian laser.

Statistically - yes 93% chance used within race for blacks and 84% white on whites. These stats* tend to lend more credibility to black ant on black ant crime and red ant on red ant crime.

*http://www.dailywire.com/news/7441/7-st ... on-bandler

Embalmo

Post by Embalmo »

Don't you love how that edited footage makes it look like black people were attacked at Trump rallies because Trump supporters just don't like black people?
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

There is far too much misinformation and deceitfulness for me to ever say that was a good video; trash imo. Honestly this slanders the image of guns by bringing up race baiting arguments. Moving on.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

jb2012 wrote:There is far too much misinformation and deceitfulness for me to ever say that was a good video; trash imo. Honestly this slanders the image of guns by bringing up race baiting arguments. Moving on.
:iagree: It will even make black women less safe if they are looking out for perps who look like the "man who got voted into office." Although people should treat each other better, I don't believe it would be legally acceptable to shoot someone for grabbing your crotch or pulling off a head cover. I can only hope it will get others interested in finding responsible instructors.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I'd still like to think that participation in freedom begets good character. If a law abiding citizen doesn't like Trump but for some reason starts thinking the Second Amendment isn't a bad idea, it seems like a step in the right direction.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”