Concealed Carry In Your Vehicle

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Wolverine
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed Carry In Your Vehicle

Post by Wolverine »

Something like a skeaky pete might work for concealment attached to the front of the driver seat or below the steering wheel. I wouldn't store a gun like that in a parked car, but could be an option while driving.

If you don't care about concealement, there are several crossdraw driving holsters on the market.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

stroo

Post by stroo »

Wilderness safepacker, several maxpedition bags, and any number of other off the body holsters can be used to conceal in cars. The car really doesn't need to be modified in any way.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Depending on the gun, the center console or door pocket work well for me.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Another inconspicuous item to put a handgun in is one of the nylon zippered cd case. I've been thinking about modifying one of the several I have accumulated over the years, pull out the cd holders and velcro in a inexpensive holster.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
mjdinsa78217
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mjdinsa78217 »

I wanted to review the topic since I attended my LTC class. I heard my instructor talk of this and wanted to throw this out for discussion. The members that noted holsters are correct IMHO must have it right. The thought of modifying vehicles is still there.

PC §46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(1) on the person’s own premises or premises under the person’s control; or
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person’s control.
(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person’s control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or

Alf

Post by Alf »

Tinted windows = in plain view?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Alf wrote:Tinted windows = in plain view?
If tinted within legal limits, one can probably still see in.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Handgun in mounted holster by right knee, covered by shop towel is how I roll! Fyi
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

TreyHouston wrote:Handgun in mounted holster by right knee, covered by shop towel is how I roll! Fyi
Although the shop towel is a good idea I bet the gun is pretty well concealed by the angle of the gun, the steering wheel and your leg. It wouldn't likely be exposed until start to exit the car.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

mjdinsa78217 wrote:Since TX takes the view of no part of the weapon can be visible inside your vehicle, are there shops that can outfit vehicles for concealed carry?

So many shops around to "trick" out the doors and rims, where are the shops for us?

You can always buy a 30.00 lock box for your gun and strap it under your drivers seat from Academy. I have one for those few times when i need to leave it in my vehicle.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

mjdinsa78217 wrote:Since TX takes the view of no part of the weapon can be visible inside your vehicle, are there shops that can outfit vehicles for concealed carry?
So many shops around to "trick" out the doors and rims, where are the shops for us?
There are offerings like www.consolevault.com that will bolt into or replace your current factory console (if you have one of the vehicles they make a product for). If you drive antiques like me (91 pickup, 96 sedan) your options are pretty much the vault-on-the-cable or lock it in the trunk route.....

If price is no object, then I'm sure Texcalibur, ArmorTek, or Texas Armoring Corp would be happy to modify your current ride. :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”