Scared My Wife

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Scared My Wife

Post by Lynyrd »

I got called in to work early yesterday. They had a fairly urgent problem and an hour or so before my normal wake up time. So, I threw on some clothes hastily, grabbed my keys and headed in. About a mile from the house I realized I had left my EDC at home. No big deal, I thought. The piece of equipment I was going to work on might have me laying on the floor, and in some awkward positions. My sidearm might get exposed and we are supposed to stay concealed at work. We can't even let other employees know we are carrying. So I went on in to work and fixed the problem.

About 2 hours later I get a call from my wife. Her first words were, "Are you all right?"

I could hear the concern and worry in her voice, but I didn't know why she would be so concerned. I tried to reassure her that I was fine, and that there was nothing wrong.

When I asked why she was worried she said, "Well, I found your gun on top of the night stand so I thought maybe you put on your other pistol. I looked in the drawer and it was there too. I figured something must be terribly wrong for you to leave the house without a gun!"

She's a good wife! My better half. My guiding light. And she worries when I don't have a gun! :cheers2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

growlerVII
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Scared My Wife

Post by growlerVII »

Good girl! You own her one.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

That sir, is called a keeper!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Flightmare wrote:That sir, is called a keeper!
:iagree: She has kept me for 40 years now. :smilelol5:

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Several years ago, as my wife and I were getting in the car for a highway trip, she asked: "You haven't forgot your gun, have you?" That's when I new her conversion from "being afraid having the thing around" to "I feel safer with it around" was complete. She would shoot were it not for debilitating arthritis.
TX CHL 1997

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I have a couple stories as well.

When I first started carrying my wife was a little uneasy and didnt see the need to have a gun with me all the time. After continuous carrying on my part and letting her know it's better to have it and not need it than need it an not have it we left the house one day to venture off to Dallas for the day and she said you have your gun don't you, you know we are goin to Dallas. Haha of course I do! Was my answer. I knew at that moment I got a keeper!

Another time I rode to town with her and she wanted to go into a store that I was not very fond of and she said your coming in right? I said yes, she said good because what if something happens and a gun is needed.

Also another time my wife and I, mother in law, and step father in law, were headed to Arlington. On the car ride over my MoIL said cmgee67 do you have your gun with you? My answer was simply, always. She looked at her husband who also has an LTC and that I know for a fact hardly ever carries and said do you have yours? He said no? She said why? Cmgee67 always has his! This made me shine like a dime in a goats hind end especially when he looked at me in the mirror and gave me the most awful look.
Last edited by cmgee67 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

My wife just asks me if I have my friend.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Mine just asks if I have my mohaska.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

cmgee67 wrote:
Also another time my wife and I, mother in law, and step father in law, were headed to Arlington. On the car ride over my MoIL said cmgee67 do you have your gun with you? My answer was simply, always. She looked at her husband who also has an LTC and that I know for a fact hardly ever carries and said do you have yours? He said no? She said why? Cmgee67 always has his! This made me shine like a dime in a goats hind end especially when he looked at me in the mirror and gave me the most awful look.
"rlol" "rlol"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Vol Texan wrote:Mine just asks if I have my mohaska.

:hurry:

Being a bit of an amateur wordsmith, myself, I love obscure words like "mahoska". Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It seems to have several possible roots, and can mean anything from some kind of hidden power, to a uh......."anatomical symbol of the patriarchal sort"....... :lol: There are some rather amusing explanations of the term if you google it.

Now I've got to go back and watch "The Untouchables" again.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

When we are about to leave the house, the first one to leave our bedroom (where the safe is) always asks the other, "Are you done in here?" to ensure that we don't lock the safe before we are both fully dressed for the day -- and so we remember to lock it when we are fully ready.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Mine just asks if I have my mohaska.
:hurry:

Being a bit of an amateur wordsmith, myself, I love obscure words like "mahoska". Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It seems to have several possible roots, and can mean anything from some kind of hidden power, to a uh......."anatomical symbol of the patriarchal sort"....... :lol: There are some rather amusing explanations of the term if you google it.

Now I've got to go back and watch "The Untouchables" again.
Now that's funny. That's like Jerry Miculek saying, "I'm a bit of a shooting enthusiast myself." :biggrinjester:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”