Eligibility for CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

bblhd672

Re: Eligibility for CHL

Postby bblhd672 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:02 pm

hl26 wrote:So what's the verdict guys? 10 years from first offense, or 5 years from dwi? Really want to get this settled so I don't have to wonder.

If you're not sure then you may want to wait and see if the LTC fee reduction becomes effective. Will only cost you $40 to find out who's right.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Keith B

Postby Keith B » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
hl26 wrote:So what's the verdict guys? 10 years from first offense, or 5 years from dwi? Really want to get this settled so I don't have to wonder.

If you're not sure then you may want to wait and see if the LTC fee reduction becomes effective. Will only cost you $40 to find out who's right.

Plus the cost of the class. If rejected, then the CHL-100 will not be good for the future application in 3 years.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

infoman

Postby infoman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 pm

You should not do anything until 6/24/2020. (based on your 1st post on here.) that would be your eligibility date. assuming no more new charges between now & then.

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Wed May 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Keith B wrote:You better read the statute I posted. If DPS is not following this, then they are breaking the law by issuing the license.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, unless they work in law enforcement.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”