The Egg and I sign change

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Re: The Egg and I sign change

Post by oohrah »

Abraham wrote:oohrah,

If someone knows they're barging in with an unwelcome gun by walking past a 30.06 sign, then the sanctimony is being exhibited by the OCer, not the business owner. I'm gonna OC cuz I want what I want, and Mr. Business Owner must bend to my protest. He must let me in and talk to me. No, no he doesn't...

This is a fun discussion as I detest 30.06 posted signs too, but I also acknowledge the rights (however misguided I may think they are...) of business owners.

I wouldn't go strutting into a properly posted 30.06 business OCing though they didn't post a 30.07 sign.

I have enough common sense to appreciate guns in that business aren't welcome and I wouldn't insult the owner by employing the low life 3 letter organization's tactics.
I don't advocate "barging" or in your face. How do you know the owner doesn't care as long as the gun is NOT concealed?

And yes, I would leave immediately, if asked, regardless of how polite or un the owner was.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

For the record, I don't own a business, but I do own a house. And while concealed firearms are OK, I would strongly prefer that you carry openly. That way I won't offer you the use of one of my guns unnecessarily while you are visiting.

It also eliminates that whole "bad guys shoot the guy with a gun first" since everyone will have visible guns, while maximizing any deterrence effect of OC.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:For the record, I don't own a business, but I do own a house. And while concealed firearms are OK, I would strongly prefer that you carry openly. That way I won't offer you the use of one of my guns unnecessarily while you are visiting.

It also eliminates that whole "bad guys shoot the guy with a gun first" since everyone will have visible guns, while maximizing any deterrence effect of OC.
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

"How do you know the owner doesn't care as long as the gun is NOT concealed"

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If a 30.06 sign doesn't tell you "Guns at this business aren't welcome" all I can tell you is you have my deepest sympathy as common sense and you - never the twain shall meet...

On a sincere side note: Were you or are you now one of the 3 letter organization members? I sound like Joe McCarthy, but I digress...

Yes, I read you posted that you're not an "in your face" kind of guy, but this statement in regard to a 30.06 sign says otherwise: How do you know the owner doesn't care as long as the gun is NOT concealed" is as about as "in your face" as it gets, unless, perhaps your either joking or...?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:"How do you know the owner doesn't care as long as the gun is NOT concealed"

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If a 30.06 sign doesn't tell you "Guns at this business aren't welcome" all I can tell you is you have my deepest sympathy as common sense and you - never the twain shall meet...

On a sincere side note: Were you or are you now one of the 3 letter organization members? I sound like Joe McCarthy, but I digress...

Yes, I read you posted that you're not an "in your face" kind of guy, but this statement in regard to a 30.06 sign says otherwise: How do you know the owner doesn't care as long as the gun is NOT concealed" is as about as "in your face" as it gets, unless, perhaps your either joking or...?
I have found that there are very few absolutes in life. Any statement that includes "always" or "never" is likely to be incorrect. Historically, people were OK with guns they could see, but considered hidden guns "sneaky" and otherwise suspicious. While attitudes have no doubt changed, and you are probably correct to assume that someone posting a 30.06 sign is also opposed to openly carried handguns, it does not follow that every single business that posts a 30.06 is also opposed to OC of a handgun.

And for those interested in the topic of this thread, the Egg and I location nearest me still has a valid 30.07 sign but no 30.06 that I could see (I did not go inside).

Wolverine
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wolverine »

Abraham wrote:On a sincere side note: Were you or are you now one of the 3 letter organization members? I sound like Joe McCarthy, but I digress...
Yes, I'm a NRA member. How about you?
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

Most of those who've been on the forum for awhile know what I mean when I ask: "Were you or are you now one of the 3 letter organization members?"

There's a reason for asking in this manner.

Hang around and one day you too will understand...

P.S. It's not in reference to the NRA.

rm9792
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rm9792 »

may not matter but sent their corporate office an email about why I will no longer eat there. Never have but they dont know....

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Just FYI, this sign change isn't universal. There is at least one location (near me) that still only has the 30.07 sign up.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

First Watch (formerly Egg and I) near me is still only 30.07 posted.
The 07 sign is white letters on a glass window with a white menu hung behind, making the 07 sign fairly hard to see unless you were looking for it.

Food is still good too ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”