Knife rights

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Knife rights

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Jusme wrote: If you are hunting/camping/fishing, you can carry just about anything you want. Tomahawks, hatchets, long filet knives, machetes, 18" survival knives, etc.

Knife laws are passed for the same reason gun laws are passed, they think that the knife is the issue, not the person wielding it. 9/11 taught everybody, that even box cutters, used by criminals are deadly. That doesn't deter the liberals, who think that they can control something by passing a law prohibiting it.
Just ask the folks in England. They have very strict knife laws to go along with their gun laws, but that didn't deter the guy yesterday.
When I said carry, I meant on a daily basis, or in a daily capacity, not to use for specialized activities such as hunting/camping/fishing, etc. And yes, the knife laws in the UK are absolutely insane. I'm sure the criminals LOVE how the laws work over there, it must be a real easy time of it for them. Everyone is disarmed, and people get in trouble if they fight back. The legal system in the UK is even more biased FOR the criminal than the American legal system (taken as a whole).

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Knife rights

Post by Jusme »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Jusme wrote: If you are hunting/camping/fishing, you can carry just about anything you want. Tomahawks, hatchets, long filet knives, machetes, 18" survival knives, etc.

Knife laws are passed for the same reason gun laws are passed, they think that the knife is the issue, not the person wielding it. 9/11 taught everybody, that even box cutters, used by criminals are deadly. That doesn't deter the liberals, who think that they can control something by passing a law prohibiting it.
Just ask the folks in England. They have very strict knife laws to go along with their gun laws, but that didn't deter the guy yesterday.
When I said carry, I meant on a daily basis, or in a daily capacity, not to use for specialized activities such as hunting/camping/fishing, etc. And yes, the knife laws in the UK are absolutely insane. I'm sure the criminals LOVE how the laws work over there, it must be a real easy time of it for them. Everyone is disarmed, and people get in trouble if they fight back. The legal system in the UK is even more biased FOR the criminal than the American legal system (taken as a whole).

I have never been able to fully understand the reasons for some of the knife laws here in Texas, or any other states. If I am going to a rennasaince festival,or a civil war reenactment, I can walk around with as many swords as I want. But I am not trusted with one driving to work. The same goes for outdoor activities, what makes being in a State Park with a machete, safer than being at Walmart?
They are based on a presumption of misuse, rather than logic.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”