Applying for CHL with suspended license in MA

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K0NAR99
Posts in topic: 1

Applying for CHL with suspended license in MA

Post by K0NAR99 »

I am a USMC Veteran currently residing in MA, with plans to move to Texas in the summer to finish my bachelors at Texas A&M. Been a long dream of mine to move to the greatest state in the USA! :txflag:

Will I have trouble getting a CHL or be denied a CHL If I have previously had my license to carry suspended in MA?

During a breakup argument in 2016 I sent a text with reference to suicide with a firearm to my ex girlfriend. The police came to my house for a well-being check after she called the police concerned. The police suspended my license and took my weapons. They had me go to the hospital. I went voluntarily and was discharged by the doctor after he deemed my suicidal ideations were "resolved" that day (I was not committed).

I hired an attorney, but my Judicial Review was denied. I'm still working with my attorney to get my license back, but if nothing works out by the time I move then I'm really concerned that it will follow me. Since my attorney is only for my suspension in MA, he suggested I seek out a lawyer in TX for answers. I figured I'd ask a forum in case someone has any advice or experience with this so I have an idea once I move down there.

Thank you!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Applying for CHL with suspended license in MA

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This is a very interesting question. I am not an attorney, so I won't venture to answer. But we have several attorneys on this forum, including the man who probably knows more about CHL/LTC law than anyone else in Texas - Charles Cotton, the forum's owner.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”