Is it me, or are we seeing more 30.06/07 signs lately?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dallas_Al
Posts in topic: 1

Is it me, or are we seeing more 30.06/07 signs lately?

Post by dallas_Al »

I downloaded the application and get daily updates in the Dallas area when a new sign goes up. My App seems to go off more every day with people putting their 30.06 / 30.07 signs up. We just had the latest dust up with Yeti putting theirs up then taking it down.

This begs the question what organization is behind this effort?

There is a Chevron station near me that put their 30.06 sign up. Not an 07. I used to go to this station a lot as they also had a Subway restaurant inside. In addition, I also used him to cater lunches in our office. When he put the sign up I had to come and talk to him. He told me that it was the Chevron Company telling him that he had to put that sign up because the law said so. I took a lot of time trying to explain it to him but he wasn't listening because Chevron told him to do this. I then noticed a huge uptick on 3006 that put Chevron stations at the top!

So, what's the deal? Do we just let them run roughshod? Is this something we could even organize at a grass roots level?

Am I just being paranoid? :smash:

What do you all think?

Alan in Dallas.

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is it me, or are we seeing more 30.06/07 signs lately?

Post by Lambda Force »

I haven't noticed any new signs in the past six months.

Maybe it's a Dallas thing.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

dallas_Al wrote:I downloaded the application and get daily updates in the Dallas area when a new sign goes up. My App seems to go off more every day with people putting their 30.06 / 30.07 signs up. We just had the latest dust up with Yeti putting theirs up then taking it down.

This begs the question what organization is behind this effort?

There is a Chevron station near me that put their 30.06 sign up. Not an 07. I used to go to this station a lot as they also had a Subway restaurant inside. In addition, I also used him to cater lunches in our office. When he put the sign up I had to come and talk to him. He told me that it was the Chevron Company telling him that he had to put that sign up because the law said so. I took a lot of time trying to explain it to him but he wasn't listening because Chevron told him to do this. I then noticed a huge uptick on 3006 that put Chevron stations at the top!

So, what's the deal? Do we just let them run roughshod? Is this something we could even organize at a grass roots level?

Am I just being paranoid? :smash:

What do you all think?

Alan in Dallas.
I think that it is a Chevron corporate policy to put up signs. Everyone I have seen are posted. It doesn't effect me, since I go elsewhere for gas. I haven't seen any new signs going up in my area, but I live 30 mile south of Ft. Worth, and there were very few signs up anyway.

You can always write to the corporate headquarters of Chevron, I don't have any contact info. though.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

tons showed up after OC went into effect.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I've been trying to follow any new signs in my area and have reported quite a few. I can also so that some of the ones that I initially reported have come done. For example, there was a Shell station that went to a 30.06 that is now a 30.07. A Catholic church that I visited in Frisco was supposed to have .06 and .07 signs but apparently retained them only on one part of the complex where there is child care while removing them from the Sanctuary.

There are the corporate decisions like Chuck E Cheese, Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc and, of course, nearly all of the medical establishment. Perhaps Chevron is now on that list. But there appears to be a lot of disparity in other franchises. There is another Shell station just down the road from the one that I reported that now has a 30.07 sign. It has no signs. I wonder if some of the individual franchise holders don't find it easier to blame "corporate" rather than to defend their own decisions.

I think that there was an initial fear factor after OC and all of the threats from Bloomberg/Moms. We have gone many months on OC without bad press coverage and that seems to be driving sign removal, not addition. At least that seems to be true in my area. We were in Harlingen a couple of weeks ago and i used the 30.06app to warn me of signs there. There were the usual corporate ones there, too, but not too many individual places. I didn't find a local there who could verify a trend in either direction.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I am also seeing more entries on 3006.com. This is either due to new signs going up, more signs being reported, or a combination of the two. A lot of what I am getting alerts for are places that I believe were already posted, like medical facilities, and HEB stores. Also, with the relatively new app, it is ALOT easier to add places, so this makes me think it is not so much new signs as new reporting of signs that have been up for a while.

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lambda Force »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:A lot of what I am getting alerts for are places that I believe were already posted, like medical facilities, and HEB stores. Also, with the relatively new app, it is ALOT easier to add places, so this makes me think it is not so much new signs as new reporting of signs that have been up for a while.
:thumbs2: :iagree:
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

My opinion, based on what I've experienced in the lower Rio Grande Valley is
- yes, a lot of signs were added the first half of 2016 due to the attention brought by the passage of open carry, and the antics of groups I won't name
- that you are still see a lot of signs reported a year later, not because businesses are still putting up signs at the same rate, but because
- we are still playing 'catch-up' and documenting signs put up some time ago
- as more people join Texas3006.com and as the android and iphone apps for it get better, we have more sets of eyes looking for, and consequently finding and reporting signs.

In my side of the RGV (Mission, McAllen, Edinburg, Pharr, etc), I'm fairly certain that the sign hunting process has been thorough, and what's in Texas3006.com is representative of reality. I'm equally sure, based on the correlative town sizes, that the lower RGV (Harlingen, San Benito, Brownsville) have an order of magnitude more signs than have been reported.

My geek scifi fantasy would be to introduce a virus into the camera software of the google maps cars for pattern recognition of 06/07 signs and have them automatically submitted to Texas3006.com :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”