NCAD is at again

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
roadkill

Re: NCAD is at again

Postby roadkill » Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm

A little update. The CCPD should by now be done with my inquiry/complaint. I was supposed to be contacted by the officers LT as to what happened with their policy at NCAD. I have not heard anything as of yet so next week I will contact IA to make sure that I receive a follow up regarding their actions. In the mean time NCADs lawyer got married and was gone on a honeymoon so he was delayed in responding to my notice of violation I sent NCAD. I received his follow up today and wasn't to happy about it. I requested minutes from the ARB board meeting discussing open carry and posting of their meetings. From the audio of that meeting it is clear that Mr Canales intends to restrict all guns from the building and they understand the law in regards to posting the meetings. Tonight I requested the audio for NCAD's board meeting discussing open carry. I believe that Mr Canales fully understands the law yet is trying to skirt the law and restrict LTC holders from carrying inside the building. I will be sending the AG my info I have researched (minutes of meetings)and all correspondence so that they can add it to their files as several complaints are still outstanding.

Here's the letter. It appears they will be discriminating against LTC holders. I am responding back asking how they will prevent LTC holders from carrying while speaking to an appraiser informally. IMO NCAD has two options if they seek to restrict LTC holders from talking to an appraiser. 1. They can stop all informal meetings which will be a burden on them and the citizens and 2. Discriminate and risk being in violation of the law in which I believe they would be.

JustSomeOldGuy

Postby JustSomeOldGuy » Sun May 14, 2017 2:17 pm

So if my appraisal review meeting is an 'open meeting', that means I can bring journalists (i.e., Corpus Christi Caller Times) and a TV news film crew (KRISTV, or KIII or KZTV10) to my review meeting and the ARB has to both accommodate them space-wise AND let them record the meeting? :biggrinjester:

My other question would be 'just exactly what is the definition of an "open meeting" under Texas law'? :rules:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Papa_Tiger

Postby Papa_Tiger » Sun May 14, 2017 3:23 pm

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:My other question would be 'just exactly what is the definition of an "open meeting" under Texas law'? :rules:
For that, you get to delve into Texas Government Code section 551:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/S ... GV.551.htm

G.A. Heath

Postby G.A. Heath » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 pm

If any meetings with the appraisal review board is an open meeting I wonder if they are meeting all the requirements such as record keeping and if all previous 'open meetings' have been conducted under these guidelines.
I am a Podcaster who talks about Firearms, especially in Texas. I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy.

Topic author
roadkill

Postby roadkill » Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm

G.A. Heath wrote:If any meetings with the appraisal review board is an open meeting I wonder if they are meeting all the requirements such as record keeping and if all previous 'open meetings' have been conducted under these guidelines.

I requested the minutes of some from last year. They are kept in audio form. You'll get a cd of it when you request it.

G.A. Heath

Postby G.A. Heath » Sun May 14, 2017 7:38 pm

roadkill wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:If any meetings with the appraisal review board is an open meeting I wonder if they are meeting all the requirements such as record keeping and if all previous 'open meetings' have been conducted under these guidelines.

I requested the minutes of some from last year. They are kept in audio form. You'll get a cd of it when you request it.

Interesting.
I am a Podcaster who talks about Firearms, especially in Texas. I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy.

Topic author
roadkill

Postby roadkill » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 am

I received a copy of the letter sent by the attorney from Paxton's office to Judge Neal and Tom Wheat (NCAD attorney) advising that they will be investigating the incident. Not sure what if anything will come of it especially since the Nueces County Appraisal District isn't under the county (Judge Neal) in regards to reporting to. And now more waiting I suppose. :banghead: :banghead: Should be an open/shut case but justice moves slowly

Papa_Tiger

Postby Papa_Tiger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:25 am

More ammo for 2 years from now, provided the courts haven't done anything about it by then.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”