NCAD is at again

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

ninjabread

Re: NCAD is at again

Postby ninjabread » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 pm

roadkill wrote:Finally got back in touch with CCPD regarding my IA case I started. The officer I spoke with knows and understands my complaint was two fold but kept wanting to kick it back to NCAD. I'm not sure if I'll ever get anything in writing from CCPD with what happened but here's the rundown as it was verbally told to me. The offduty officer was acting lawfully in asking me to disarm to go up stairs. The appraisal district can ask me to disarm in order to talk to them and they can direct the offduty officer to keep guns out of the building. CCPD has consulted with their legal advisors and they are of the conclusion that they can do this. The appraisal district attorney is also of the same opinion. The CCPD did not contact the state AG for a legal opinion on the matter. As far as they are concerned the officer acted lawfully and the case is over. Opinions?

My opinion is this outcome is exactly what the legislature and the Texas AG want. They pretend to be pro gun to trick people to vote for them, but won't DO anything to stop local dicktaters from violating our gun rights.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Topic author
roadkill

Postby roadkill » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:04 pm

I received a very good email today from CCPD. It wasn’t surprising since I recently FOIA requested from NCAD the security policies/guidelines for the guards (private and offduty PD) working the metal detector and the security contracts. I only received the private security contract. Nothing from PD and nothing about security policies. I informed them that my request wasn’t fully complied with and asked for the PD contract and the post orders that would be created from NCAD policy’s that was mentioned in the private security contract. It seems that there might be a policy in place that doesn’t comply with the law based on the letter I received from the CCPD. Regardless this is progress and I’m certain that Ronnie isn’t going to be happy with the outcome

SewTexas

Postby SewTexas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:30 pm

look at you, making things happen! :cheers2:

good work!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TVGuy

Postby TVGuy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Good job on this.

I'm curious how much they have tried to raise your property taxes since you've taken up this fight though. :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”