Krogers signage question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Krogers signage question

Post by mojo84 »

I haven't seen that HEB has a problem or is anti-gun. I carry there regularly.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

ScottDLS wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:Just an FYI, Kroger is one of the biggest grocers that respect our rights.
They have not ever given in to mom's demand nonsense, and I have never seen a no-guns sign posted at their store, of any type, that wasn't required by law, nor asked for my LTC when carrying openly in any of their stores.

I shop there almost exclusively for groceries because of those reasons.
I've never had an issue at Safeway(Tom Thumb)/Albertsons either...they must be close to 2nd largest. The ones with a problem seem to be Texas based ones like Brookshire's, HEB, Carnival...

I've never shopped at a Carnival store, but HEB only has 30.07 signs, My local Brookshire's has no signage, and I have OC there several times with no issues.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Jusme wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:Just an FYI, Kroger is one of the biggest grocers that respect our rights.
They have not ever given in to mom's demand nonsense, and I have never seen a no-guns sign posted at their store, of any type, that wasn't required by law, nor asked for my LTC when carrying openly in any of their stores.

I shop there almost exclusively for groceries because of those reasons.
I've never had an issue at Safeway(Tom Thumb)/Albertsons either...they must be close to 2nd largest. The ones with a problem seem to be Texas based ones like Brookshire's, HEB, Carnival...

I've never shopped at a Carnival store, but HEB only has 30.07 signs, My local Brookshire's has no signage, and I have OC there several times with no issues.
Way back when I think Brookshires had 30.06, but probably not in the past 10 years.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 4

Post by locke_n_load »

mojo84 wrote:I haven't seen that HEB has a problem or is anti-gun. I carry there regularly.
It's a problem if you prefer to open carry.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

locke_n_load wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I haven't seen that HEB has a problem or is anti-gun. I carry there regularly.
Not HEB's problem.

and

A 30.07 sign doesn't indicate they are anti-gun.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The HEB near me has 30.06 and 30/07 signs. I sent them an email stating my disapproval and that i wouldnt be spending my money there. Never got a reply. That was a year ago.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

mojo84 wrote:
Nah, they're just anti-LTC, since open carry handguns, not carried under authority of LTC, and open carry rifles are OK. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:The HEB near me has 30.06 and 30/07 signs. I sent them an email stating my disapproval and that i wouldnt be spending my money there. Never got a reply. That was a year ago.
I've been to a lot of HEB's and have never seen a 30.06 sign. At which one have you seen one?

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

mojo84 wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
Not HEB's problem.

and

It is if they want my business. They can do whatever they want, I'm not giving them any of my $$$. I feel that most big chains that post 30.07 are simply trying to appease organizations like Mom's Demand Action, and I will not give my money to any business that feels the need to appease groups like that.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

mojo84 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:The HEB near me has 30.06 and 30/07 signs. I sent them an email stating my disapproval and that i wouldnt be spending my money there. Never got a reply. That was a year ago.
I've been to a lot of HEB's and have never seen a 30.06 sign. At which one have you seen one?
There are two locations posted at www.texas3006.com https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?post ... 30.06+Sign

They were reported back before open carry and 30.07 signs were around.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mojo84 wrote:A 30.07 sign doesn't indicate they are anti-gun.
It's no more anti-gun than it would be anti-kid to say "hey we'll tolerate your son but please keep him out of sight as much as you can." Hardly a ringing endorsement.

If given the choice, I will pick an unsigned location over a place with a gun buster sign, a gun buster over a 30.07 sign, and a 30.07 sign over a 30.06 sign. Fortunately, I have a Kroger's near me (unsigned) so I don't need to go past step one.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Keith B wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
There are two locations posted at http://www.texas3006.com https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?post ... 30.06+Sign

They were reported back before open carry and 30.07 signs were around.

Haven't been to either of those locations. One looks like it is a medical facility in the HEB area of the metroplex and the other appears to be a distribution facility. Neither of which are HEB grocery stores I would be expected to go to.

Please let me know if you find an actual HEB grocery store with a 30.06 sign. I am very interested.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
It's no more anti-gun than it would be anti-kid to say "hey we'll tolerate your son but please keep him out of sight as much as you can." Hardly a ringing endorsement.

If given the choice, I will pick an unsigned location over a place with a gun buster sign, a gun buster over a 30.07 sign, and a 30.07 sign over a 30.06 sign. Fortunately, I have a Kroger's near me (unsigned) so I don't need to go past step one.
Interesting comparison. Not sure I consider it a valid one. To each his own though.

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Nail on head.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

mojo84 wrote:One looks like it is a medical facility in the HEB area of the metroplex and the other appears to be a distribution facility. Neither of which are HEB grocery stores I would be expected to go to.

Please let me know if you find an actual HEB grocery store with a 30.06 sign. I am very interested.
:oops: Didn't notice the one was Texas Health Hurst-Euless-Beford which came up with the HEB search.

With the lack of entries in the database, I would suspicion if there is a store location then it might just be the local manager's decision and not a corporate directive.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”