E-mail to a 30.06 posted business

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: E-mail to a 30.06 posted business

Post by skeathley »

Hoo-rah!

I worked in the auto industry for 9 years, and I can guarantee that hit in the wallet got their attention. Some lawyer at corporate made that decision. The dealer would probably give you a gun to make a sale. They just need to hear about enough lost sales. It is always about the revenue.

:rules:

S
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Great note. Well done.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

I used my LTC as a my second form of ID when I bought my wife's car. Never actually said that I was carrying but the finance guy made a point of saying that another finance guy saw someones pistol when their shirt rode up, but that they also used a CHL as their secondary ID. He said he told the other worker who was worried about it that he would probably trust the complete stranger with the CHL more than he trusted his coworker.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I am currently looking for a car for my daughter. Something around $20,000 new, but ideally less for a lightly used model. If anyone is familiar with the market, there are ALOT of choices in that range. I had an appointment last night at a local dealership. Unfortunately, when I pulled up I could clearly see 30.06 and 30.07 signage stenciled onto either side of their front window. So I just went home instead. This morning the sales person e-mailed me asking what happened and if I wanted to re-schedule. Here is my response:
Rick -

I actually arrived at your location around 6:10 PM or so last night. I was dismayed to see that you have 30.06 as well as 30.07 signage stenciled on your front windows by the main door. It was a bit tough to see given the tint, so I had to do a double take. This signage would require me to disarm if I wanted to walk through your doors. Beyond the potential danger of doing so, there is a deeper moral issue. I fought for the rights of every U.S. Citizen, and I value all of those rights including my right to vote, my right to free speech, and my right to keep and bear arms.

I'm sure that you have great cars and great prices, but I will not give up any of my rights solely for the privilege of buying a car from your company, regardless of how great a deal I could get. I am not sure why your company feels that there is a compelling need to restrict the rights of your customers in this manner. I know you are legally able to do this, but I also know that I am not going to support a company that shows such disregard for me.

As I believe I mentioned, I am buying a car for my 17 year old daughter to replace the vehicle that I had on lease. I also have a 15 year old daughter and a 9 year old son and will be buying them a first car in the $20,000 - $30,000 price range as they get older. Please let me know if your company changes it's mind about this and if so, I will gladly stop by and have a look at what you have to offer.

Thanks,

Soccerdad
Like I posted earlier, I enjoyed meeting and talking with you last Sunday. :thumbs2:

Best,

Greg

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

Nice letter. It will probably fall on deaf ears, but it'd be nice if it didn't.

I have written two such letters and gotten the canned responses of "we want all our customers to feel safe" nonsense.
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”