Topic author
Alaska2texas
Posts in topic: 7

Re: CC in sweats/jogger shorts

Post by Alaska2texas »

ScottDLS wrote:
Alaska2texas wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Alaska2texas wrote:I go off of the Texas 30.06/30.07 app that tells me where I can and cannot carry and when I zoom in on the park it comes up with 30.07. I never thought about the camel back idea. Thank you guys! This helps alot.
If you go to the texas30006.com website (on which the app is based), you'll note that OP Schnable Park entry shows that the sign is invalid as the park is government owned.

It says under location "baseball fields"

That's where the 30.07 signs are located. So first they wouldn't be valid notice because they are not posted at "each entrance" to the park. Second it is government owned property which is an exception to the application of 30.06/7, meaning that it's not a crime and the signs are invalid.

Ok i see now! Thank you so much!
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

cheezit wrote:Galco belly band
^ This ^

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I would just add that the Texas3006 app includes all signs whether they are valid or not. So it is important to look at the listing to make sure it says "valid". In this case, the signs are not only invalid, they are also illegal. So the only law breaker will be the person(s) who decided to post the sign in the first place. Unfortunately, the only penalty for their illegal act is a fine which is ultimately paid by we the people.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I would just add that the Texas3006 app includes all signs whether they are valid or not. So it is important to look at the listing to make sure it says "valid". In this case, the signs are not only invalid, they are also illegal. So the only law breaker will be the person(s) who decided to post the sign in the first place. Unfortunately, the only penalty for their illegal act is a fine which is ultimately paid by we the people.
Soccerdad is right. The listing on the Texas3006 site indicates this is an invalid sign: https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=10338
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

So, which local is going to fill out the "unlawful posting" form?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79315

To the OP, a friend of mine really likes the Blackhawk Diversion Carry Slingpack:
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Dreamer42

Post by Dreamer42 »

I'm not a runner, but I do bike ride weekly. I have a CC fanny pack with my 1911, flashlight, LTC, extra mag and cell phone. When you're dressed for physical exercise nobody even notices the pack.

Jigo23

Post by Jigo23 »

Probably not suitable for jogging (but might work fine), but go walking around my subdivision a lot or quick trips to Walmart or gas station etc wearing gym shorts or sweats that have drawstrings and/or elastic waistbands carrying compacts/subcompacts in either a "Sticky Holster" IWB or they make an "Ankle Biter" ankle holster under sweat pants or a "Remora" IWB holster. They are a rubberized sticky type of material that use friction fit between your waistband and skin or if the material irritates your skin too much, just wear a thin "wife-beater" type undershirt. Like I said, not first choice for extended wear but they do work and keep pistol in place really well even when sweating. Very concealable in gym shorts/sweat pants
If ya wanna run with the big dogs, ya gotta get off the porch!
"I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it"
- Ranger Capt Woodrow F. Call

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”