Loaded chamber in posted 30.07 locations legal?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Alaska2texas
Posts in topic: 3

Loaded chamber in posted 30.07 locations legal?

Post by Alaska2texas »

Just wondering if cc loaded is legal while in legal places to carry whether it be 30.07/30.06 or what have you.

I always conceal carry 4 o'clock LOADED.

3 months with my LTC! Thanks in advance!
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Loaded chamber in posted 30.07 locations legal?

Post by Keith B »

Texas does not define loaded/unloaded guns, chamber or magazine. So, if the gun is legal to be carried in the location absent signage, then doesn't matter.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Bodeneth

Post by Bodeneth »

Alaska2texas wrote:Just wondering if cc loaded is legal while in legal places to carry whether it be 30.07/30.06 or what have you.

Just out of curiosity, how would anyone know if your gun is loaded or unloaded? Maybe I am thick headed, but I dont understand why you would even remotely assume there would ever be a difference between loaded or unloaded while carrying with a LTC. Other than the visual intimidation factor, an unloaded gun is = to not carrying at all. Why ANYONE with an LTC would holster carry an unloaded weapon is beyond me. Nobody walks around with an unloaded weapon unless they have it in a gun rug and they are walking into a gun store, gunsmith, or pawn shop, so you saying you carry at 4 oclock LOADED seems a little odd to me. LOADED is how you are SUPPOSED to carry it. Am I missing something here?

If a location is posted with both 30.06 and 30.07, you cant carry your gun there, whether loaded or unloaded. Are you thinking that those signs are stating that you cant carry a loaded weapon there, but you can carry an unloaded weapon? Sorry, Im just a little cornfused by your post.
My Springfield Armory XD 45 Mod 2 with a 3.3in barrel rides around in an Aliengear IWB 3.0, mounted on a Bigfoot / Aliengear gunbelt.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Unloaded gun= very expensive paperweight!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Your title starts with 30.07 = No Open carry. So no problem carrying load. 30.06 = No Concealed Carry.

There are various discussion on whether to have one in the chamber or not. I believe it was best said by crazy2medic "Unloaded gun= very expensive paperweight!"
Alaska2texas wrote:Just wondering if cc loaded is legal while in legal places to carry whether it be 30.07/30.06 or what have you.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I'm confused as to exactly what it is you are asking.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Bodeneth wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how would anyone know if your gun is loaded or unloaded? Maybe I am thick headed, but I dont understand why you would even remotely assume there would ever be a difference between loaded or unloaded while carrying with a LTC. Other than the visual intimidation factor, an unloaded gun is = to not carrying at all. Why ANYONE with an LTC would holster carry an unloaded weapon is beyond me. Nobody walks around with an unloaded weapon unless they have it in a gun rug and they are walking into a gun store, gunsmith, or pawn shop, so you saying you carry at 4 oclock LOADED seems a little odd to me. LOADED is how you are SUPPOSED to carry it. Am I missing something here?

If a location is posted with both 30.06 and 30.07, you cant carry your gun there, whether loaded or unloaded. Are you thinking that those signs are stating that you cant carry a loaded weapon there, but you can carry an unloaded weapon? Sorry, Im just a little cornfused by your post.
Fine points all.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

To the OP's defense there are some States that specify the difference a loaded firearm and an unloaded firearm.

It just so happens as Keith stated about there is no difference in Texas.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I must think that you do not have a TLC by the question asked. By your screen name I would say you were from Alaska. No matter where you are from or what state your license is from as long as it has reciprocity in Texas you can carry, but all laws in the state of Texas apply, even if they differ in your own state. This applies to any state you are in. "When in Rome do as the Romans"
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

twomillenium wrote:I must think that you do not have a TLC by the question asked. By your screen name I would say you were from Alaska. No matter where you are from or what state your license is from as long as it has reciprocity in Texas you can carry, but all laws in the state of Texas apply, even if they differ in your own state. This applies to any state you are in. "When in Rome do as the Romans"
From other posts he's been living in Texas for some months and has his LTC.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I think in fascist State of Kommiefornia prior to 2012, you could carry openly an unloaded handgun. But no, in Texas, whether it's loaded or not, it matters not. So, pipe it and carry on, legally.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

jmorris wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I must think that you do not have a TLC by the question asked. By your screen name I would say you were from Alaska. No matter where you are from or what state your license is from as long as it has reciprocity in Texas you can carry, but all laws in the state of Texas apply, even if they differ in your own state. This applies to any state you are in. "When in Rome do as the Romans"
From other posts he's been living in Texas for some months and has his LTC.
If he has his LTC then I wonder why his instructor skipped over that information???? :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
Alaska2texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

My appologies guys, i was brought up with knowing the dumb questions are the ones that arent asked.

I guess i asked because i know other states define in more detail whether or not youre carrying legally, those other states also define laws while carrying you cannot have the firearm loaded. Some states even require the magazine to be out of the firearm when its in the vehicle with you.

I couldn't find a texas law to answer my question, maybe that should have been my answer. Figured id ask the pros is all.

Cheers everyone

Topic author
Alaska2texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

Yes sir i do live in texas, just fairly new from alaska. I do have my texas LTC.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Alaska2texas wrote:My appologies guys, i was brought up with knowing the dumb questions are the ones that arent asked.

I guess i asked because i know other states define in more detail whether or not youre carrying legally, those other states also define laws while carrying you cannot have the firearm loaded. Some states even require the magazine to be out of the firearm when its in the vehicle with you.

I couldn't find a texas law to answer my question, maybe that should have been my answer. Figured id ask the pros is all.

Cheers everyone
No dumb questions are correct. You have to understand some folks forget that from time to time. That is why this Forum exist is for questions so ask away. Those who speak out against questions like this just ignore them. :cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”