Post by TreyHouston »

Repeat
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Bodeneth
Posts in topic: 2

Re: United Blood Services 30.06 sign need your opinion

Post by Bodeneth »

If all they have is the 30 06 sign, cant you simply open carry? They didnt ban open carry, so it seems to me thats the way to go.
My Springfield Armory XD 45 Mod 2 with a 3.3in barrel rides around in an Aliengear IWB 3.0, mounted on a Bigfoot / Aliengear gunbelt.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

Bodeneth wrote:If all they have is the 30 06 sign, cant you simply open carry? They didnt ban open carry, so it seems to me thats the way to go.

Do you think for a minute that if they posted 30.06 they wouldn't ask you to leave if they saw you open carrying? Thereby, giving you effective notice.

Bodeneth

Post by Bodeneth »

WTR wrote:
Bodeneth wrote:If all they have is the 30 06 sign, cant you simply open carry? They didnt ban open carry, so it seems to me thats the way to go.

Do you think for a minute that if they posted 30.06 they wouldn't ask you to leave if they saw you open carrying? Thereby, giving you effective notice.
I guess the point that I was trying to make was....they have no issue with inconveniencing the people who donate blood, so wandering in while openly carrying gives you a perfectly legal way to thumb your nose at their silly rule, as well as their failure to properly post the way the law says it should. Make them buy the $40 sign.
My Springfield Armory XD 45 Mod 2 with a 3.3in barrel rides around in an Aliengear IWB 3.0, mounted on a Bigfoot / Aliengear gunbelt.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Bodeneth wrote:
WTR wrote:

I guess the point that I was trying to make was....they have no issue with inconveniencing the people who donate blood, so wandering in while openly carrying gives you a perfectly legal way to thumb your nose at their silly rule, as well as their failure to properly post the way the law says it should. Make them buy the $40 sign.
How did they fail to properly post the .07 sign? They chose to not to spend $40 and post the .07 sign and will probably give oral notification as it occurs, which is proper and legal. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Bodeneth wrote:
WTR wrote:

How did they fail to properly post the .07 sign? They chose to not to spend $40 and post the .07 sign and will probably give oral notification as it occurs, which is proper and legal. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

Carry past a 30.06 sign (without an accompanying 30.07) by open carrying has been discussed here frequently.

Anyone thinking to do so is technically correct, but a waste of time as of course a business posted 30.06 will either immediately ask you to leave or if they feel intimidated call the police and let them tell you to leave with what may turn out to be a very unpleasant experience...

Honestly, you're not going to cause any comeuppance to any 30.06 posted business by OCing.

No, I don't like it when businesses post 30.06 either, but I'm not going to tilt at wind mills either...discretion is your friend.

A simple avoidance of 30.06 posted businesses is pretty easy...

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sport Coach »

chasfm11 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
theHunter wrote:Not sure if their mobile truck is posted or not, I will have to find the location of one this weekend and see if it has a sign.
Can a mobile vehicle be posted? It is not premises, and it is not a building or portion of a building, and it is not real property...
i asked that exact question of Carter Blood Care and, as expected, received no response. Like others, I was a multi-gallon donor and before Open Carry became effective, never had a problem with them. They sent out emails, citing employee safety, etc as the reason for suddenly posting 30.06 and 30.07 signs, just like United Blood Services. I asked them what, besides the passage of Open Carry, was the reason for the policy change. I think the answer is that they didn't know that they could post property before.

I sent them several letters, telling them that I would return as soon as the signs came down and that I was disappointed that their politics had replaced their desire to save lives. I figured that they were a financially driven organization and when the donations trailed off, they would reconsider. Thus far, they have not. I strongly believe that Carter, and perhaps United, would rather cease operations than to give up clinging to the failed political ideology. So be it.
I think this is the best course of action - write the letter telling them you will no longer donate until 30.06/.07 signage comes down. The people working the center are unlikely to have the capacity to remove the signs, so irritating/intimidating them won't help. Depending on how the incident gets reported, decision makers think CC/OC people are aggressive and confirm their want to keep signs posted.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

Sports Coach,

Is the voice of reason.

I hope you that advocate the attitude of: Oh yeah, I'll show you...with OCing or carrying an AR/shotgun/or some other long gun where unwelcome isn't going to change the minds of anti's. You won't be received positively. You'll be thought of as crazies...

Acting ludicrously childish by OCing or carrying into places of business with long guns will not be a convincing argument...you simply come across as nutty.

Try to understand.

Belligerence has little credible affect...

Not giving them your business has far more effect.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”