UTA

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 1

UTA

Post by Kenneth77 »

So i am now really confused after my visit there yesterday ..... So is there something i am missing on their web site about campus carry ? Went thier with my daughter to drop her off for color guard camp and during the meeting one of the band teachers was telling them what was not to be brought on to the campus like knives , explosive , are weapons of any kind now i know they are JR high and highschool kids but the way he said it i took it to mean anyone . No the kicker is what he said after that ....... you dont need all that because you are well protected here because there is plenty of security offers and LEO , i so wanted to stand up and say so if a shooter came in right now where would the cops and security officers be ???? Not here untill it was to late but i chose to protect my family and carry !
leeproductsonline.com

b4aftr

Re: UTA

Post by b4aftr »

I'd bet they are only referring to band camp/band camp members.

UTA only restricts a couple buildings from campus carry. Those are on their site if need be.

Carry on.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Their policy gives them the leeway to expel campers who violate the rules, not prosecute.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Tylerscott20

Post by Tylerscott20 »

http://www.uta.edu/news/info/campus-carry/map.php

There are some areas that are off limits during the Summer that usually are not. However, they MUST post 30.06.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”