Concealed carry at my gym

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mccloven27
Posts in topic: 2

Concealed carry at my gym

Post by mccloven27 »

A nice little story from the Austin area.

When going to the gym the other day I had forgotten my gym card so I handed over my ID instead. Apparently I handed over my LTC instead of my DL (they both are in the same slot of my wallet). I have had many conversations with the owner of the gym about guns and knew they were pro gun so I wasn't worried about it. When the guy behind the counter ( the owner's son) gave me back my ID he said " don't worry we gotcha covered in here there is a shotgun under the counter over there". So I asked about carrying in the gym and he just said "if we don't see it we don't care just be careful when working out". After that we talked a little and he asked what I was carrying and told me he did pocket carry with a small S&W (don't remember the model). I was kinda surprised because I am fairly new to carrying and had not had a positive interaction like that before, especially considering it's Austin.

On a second note if anyone is looking for a gym in the northern Austin area (Near Cedar Park) shoot me a PM and I can give you the name of the gym. The owner is a really nice guy and it's a fairly new gym so not super busy.

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed carry at my gym

Post by n5wmk »

Sounds like a nice interaction, and it's good to know that they're pro-2A! :txflag:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Gym? Gym? What's a gym?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
mccloven27
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mccloven27 »

twomillenium wrote:Gym? Gym? What's a gym?
It's a place where you pay people to lift their heavy stuff. Kinda like working for a moving company that you have to pay lol.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

mccloven27 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:Gym? Gym? What's a gym?
It's a place where you pay people to lift their heavy stuff. Kinda like working for a moving company that you have to pay lol.
At least at the gym, you have AC during the summer.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I went to the gym for 20 years. The whole time i wished i could pay someone to exercise for me.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

A gym is a place young people go to keep fit, and a place old people go to stress their bodies far more than nature intended at their age. :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”