TX: Fed Judge Dismisses UT Profs Campus Carry Lawsuito

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Fed Judge Dismisses UT Profs Campus Carry Lawsuito

Post by Jusme »

These idiots, are just trying to make a political statement, and every day that passes, with no incidences, weakens their case. They are hoping to get this to SCOTUS, and put the first amendment against the second, they have no chance of winning, and even MSM is not picking up their flag. They can't show one case that guns in classrooms has disrupted teaching, and I use that term liberally, not to mention, they haven't had any other professors join their cause. All the defense has to do do is show an overall, non-event, in any state supported university, and their case falls apart.

Not to mention the fact, that they have the opportunity, to seek employment, elsewhere, if it is truly causing them so much distress. I know that if I were so so distressed over my employers policies, that I couldn't function, I would leave. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Fed Judge Dismisses UT Profs Campus Carry Lawsuito

Post by ELB »

I don't remember what these "professors" teach, but I wonder if you could find a 2A-oriented student of theirs who has a LTC who could sue them because their strident anti-2A position, lawsuit, their positions as government teachers at a state-funded law school, and ability to affect his grade provides a "chilling" affect on his 1A freedom of speech?

Strictly speaking I don't think it would have any more merit than the profs' lawsuit, but it would be fun to watch.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”