The Bigotry of gun controllers

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

Post by bblhd672 »

NNT wrote:My brother in law has a CA ccw. Same thing, simple paper with laminate (since they are done by the county maybe each is different?). Plus, he can only carry the exact gun he applied with, max 3 on the permit if I remember correctly. Not just the same model, but the same serial number... The problem he ran into is that the wait for an interview is so long that even if you get the correct leo to sign off on you, getting through the process is long.
The four most despised words in California: "shall not be infringed."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

E10

Post by E10 »

This is something I've wondered about for some time. What are the demographics of California license holders? It seems the article confirms my suspicions: If you're white, rich, famous, and able to give a lot of money to a politician's re-election campaign, you get a license. You may have a chance if you somehow know a police chief or sheriff. (I bet neighbors of those officials are disproportionately represented.) Otherwise, don't even think about applying. Texas and other "shall issue' states don't care about your sex, race, ethnicity, native language, economic status, or even employment situation. It isn't the color of your skin, it's the content of your character (evidenced by your background check results) that determines whether you get a license. MLK would be proud.

As far as the photo is concerned, remember, Hollywood is in California, and that's probably where they got it. And the pistol is backward - when he draws, he'll sweep his legs and/or backside with the muzzle. (At least it isn't a Glock!) SOB carriers should grasp the handgrip with the palm facing the body.

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

E10 wrote:
As far as the photo is concerned, remember, Hollywood is in California, and that's probably where they got it. And the pistol is backward - when he draws, he'll sweep his legs and/or backside with the muzzle. (At least it isn't a Glock!) SOB carriers should grasp the handgrip with the palm facing the body.
Why would this be better? It's a longer draw, more awkward a hand has to reach back further to reach the grips. Although it's not my EDC or a common carry for me, occasionally I carry my P92 palm out SOB and I don't sweep any part of my body. unless my right leg is extended way back.

To tell the truth, I never heard an experts opinion on which way a SOB carry should be done. Most don't recommend it at all, but it Works for me if I want to be out and walking and carry a full sized gun. Most times I'm happy carrying smaller and IWB. Always with a holster though. I don't let my guns exist unless they are in my hands or in a holster. Carrying SOB without a holster is pretty careless and an accident waiting to happen.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

E10 wrote:...SOB carriers should grasp the handgrip with the palm facing the body.
I see this quite a bit...folks telling other folks what they should and shouldn't do. It's not that big of a deal to me. To each his own.

Last year, I bought one of these.
http://www.nrastore.com/made-in-usa/nra-4-in-1-holster

This is what they are selling as a '4-in-1 holster'. It is pretty versatile.

I am not in my vehicle a whole heck of a lot as a general rule, so designing my carry for being in the vehicle hasn't been a real big thing. Back in January, I was in and out of my truck a lot during the business day for work for about a week. This made me adjust my carry placement for this environment.

Prior to that, it was pretty much exclusively my Crossbreed Supertuck with the occasional use of a snapslide. I HIGHLY recommend the Supertuck and I am a firm believer that everyone should have a snapslide or two in their holster bin.

In the truck though, the Supertuck that I wear at about 5o'clock made me feel like a contortionist when trying to remove my handgun from it while sitting in the truck. I thought the snapslide might be the solution here but it was the same angle and such as my Crossbreed...unless I inserted the handgun for a pal out draw. This was closer but it rocked the gun the roughly an FBI can't but the wrong way. My elbow was being bent right but the cant made the wrist angle almost painful.

Then I looked at the 4-in-1 holster (that I had purchased a month or so prior and never used) and thought it might be useful in this case. When I got this holster, I tried it on but did not find any of the four options were going to work for me so it got stuck on the drawer. All of the slots for the belt were placed where a right handed shooter would have the holster o the outside of the belt (I detest a holster on the outside of my belt. It moves too much. I came out of the chute carrying my EDC IWB from the time I decided to start carrying.)

The sales listing states that this is available in right handed only. I submit to you lefties that you can use this as a lefty wearing it outside your trousers but inside the belt. This makes it sit nice and tight and still like I like it. This is how I use a snapslide. So, I slid the belt through the slots on this holster that were originally designed to be used as a crossdraw righty but placing it the opposite direction at the small of the back rocked the gun at a more comfortable angle for a palm out draw.

Now, this has since become my primary holster. I was delighted to find that carrying outside the pants but inside the belt resulted in the gun being held in tight like I like it with an added, unforeseen bonus. Being as the muzzle was not inside my jeans, the gun stayed flat against me when sitting because the jeans were not making the grip lean away from me when the muzzle was pulled the other direction. It even stays flatter against my body than when carried in the Supertuck.

As for the 'sweeping legs and/or backside with the muzzle', practice like you would with any other draw stroke. Sitting in the seat of my truck, I don't see that I would be sweeping myself any more with this method than when drawing from my Crossbreed. In all instances, you should be keeping your booger hook off the bang lever anyways.

I have found the same opinions from other people though...you aren't the only one. I have been looking a little bit to have a holster purpose made in this configuration and have had holster makers refuse to make it because they didn't think I should carry in this manner.

We, as a gun community, rail against the antis for trying to tell us what we should and shouldn't do...yet we do the same thing to each other.

Sorry for the long-winded response (though I think I cept my word count below TAM's average...lol.) I guess I was just #triggered...

Y'all stay safe and keep a round in the chamber.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”