Where are all of the "printers"?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Where are all of the "printers"?

Post by Beiruty »

Of a more concern for anti-guns folks? Where is the shootout at the each other intersection? Where is the rivers of blood? Where is the Mad Max when you need him? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Not so much concerned about the legalities involved, just wondering if others have noticed what I haven't been able to.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by strogg »

I can tell you I print like crazy if you look hard enough. The problem is that I can't comfortably and reliably shoot anything that's not a double stack due to the size of my hand, so the smallest gun I have is an FNS-9C. I can carry it IWB, but it still bulges quite a bit. And tucked into a shirt, you can clearly see the outline of the gun. So now I just OWB the sucker with an outer shirt that never gets tucked in. When I turn, or the wind hits my shirt right, you can easily see it. Otherwise, it's invisible. Do I care about the printing? No, not really. No one's given me trouble yet. And I'm sure many have noticed.

I personally don't notice anything. But then, I don't look for people carrying. To me, that's unimportant and secondary. Primary is to make sure I don't get into those situations where I have to assess what people are carrying.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Question of the Day: Is Printing an Issue?

I think everyone will agree the woman in the picture is certainly "printing". :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

RossA wrote:Not so much concerned about the legalities involved, just wondering if others have noticed what I haven't been able to.
Short answer is no. I have not noticed what you "haven't been able to."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I can count on one hand how many times I have seen someone "printing" in the four and half years I have been carrying myself. I still look to see if I can tell for my own amusement. As far as myself goes, since open carry passed, I have switched from IWB to OWB holsters and don't give much thought or concern if someone can tell I am or not. :mrgreen:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Beiruty wrote:Of a more concern for anti-guns folks? Where is the shootout at the each other intersection? Where is the rivers of blood? Where is the Mad Max when you need him? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

Hey! I'm not mad, just a little annoyed... :mrgreen:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Beiruty wrote:Does not matter anymore as for as CC in Texas
I don't ever recall it to be a matter after CC laws passed in Texas. "Printing was just a old wives er...... old husbands tale.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Beiruty wrote:Does not matter anymore as for as CC in Texas
From a professional employment standpoint, it matters to some of us! I wouldn't go to jail, but if I got caught at certain places I work, I'd likely lose a lucrative contract...

and then i'd have to go find a 'real' job!! :shock:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

RossA wrote:Not so much concerned about the legalities involved, just wondering if others have noticed what I haven't been able to.
I've noticed a few. If you are in a store, the ones I've spotted have usually been bending down to a lower shelf. This tends to pull your clothing a little tighter and make printing more likely. Saw a guy in Hope Depot a few weeks ago bend over to get something off the bottom shelf and saw the print and a little bit of the bottom of his holster.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Pawpaw wrote:Question of the Day: Is Printing an Issue?

I think everyone will agree the woman in the picture is certainly "printing". :lol:
Now that is what "printing" was understood to mean for many years.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

While the general duty to conceal was repealed when carrying in a belt or shoulder holster, it's still unlawful to carry openly 1) on a college campus; or 2) when given notice pursuant to TPC §30.07.

Chas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

I actually saw a guy in HEB that was almost that bad. I could almost read the serial number. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jusme wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
aero10 wrote:Holster choice has a lot to do with it. I print a lot more using an OWB than with an IWB, but I carry OWB mostly with untucked shirt because most people are oblivious.
:iagree: I open carry but I always wear an XL T-shirt for those places wear conceal carry is a necessity, I have spotted those that conceal carry it usually their shirt no moving the same on both sides, I have been clued in by a spare mag when the gun it's self was completely covered, but all said and done with open carry now legal, printing is a mute point

If I print, I print quietly. I guess you could say it's mute. :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2: :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

At that level, I think we've gone beyond 'printing' into the realm of 'flaunting' or 'exhibitionism'. :shock: :eek6
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”