Question Regarding Class C Disorderly Conduct Conviction

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cameron_417
Posts in topic: 2

Question Regarding Class C Disorderly Conduct Conviction

Post by cameron_417 »

Hi, in August 2009 I was initially arrested for FSGI (failure to stop and give information) because he thought I hit his car, however there was no damage on my car and he would not show pictures of his car because I'm sure there was no damage on his car either. So he called in my license plate and I got arrested later that night for the FSGI, while I was in jail for the night my charges were changed to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon - 2nd degree felony. (my car was the "deadly weapon") turns out it was an off duty officer that drew his weapon on me with no badge, no uniform, and no verbal communication. So he made up a story while I was in jail for the night that I tried to run him over with my car (to cover his own butt).

After a couple court dates my lawyer advised me to take the plea bargain they were offering which was $100 restitution fine, and a guilty plea for
Class-C Misdemeanor for Disorderly Conduct. Someone told me that I was not allowed to get a CHL/LTC for 10 years for a disorderly conduct charge. It has been 8 years now, and I have tried to do some research and it seems that its actually only 5 years. Is this correct? I didn't know if it would change anything since my arrest record shows that I was arrested for a felony, but only convicted of the Class-C Misdemeanor for Disorderly Conduct.

Can anyone give me a solid answer if my application will be accepted or denied based on the facts I've presented?
It would be nice to know before I go and spend all the money to take the test and apply.

Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

infoman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question Regarding Class C Disorderly Conduct Conviction

Post by infoman »

that disqualifies you for 5 years. (Not 10)

Topic author
cameron_417
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question Regarding Class C Disorderly Conduct Conviction

Post by cameron_417 »

So I should be good to go?? Sweet!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”