Concealed Carry in Greater Tyler Apartments

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 3

Concealed Carry in Greater Tyler Apartments

Post by SIGFan43 »

Is anyone aware of landlords at any multi-family housing or apartment complexes in the Greater Tyler area where any 30.06 signs are posted? I am aware of one in Lindale, one in Mineola, and one in Tyler, but all of these places are using the old invalid signs used prior to 2016. I'm just interested if this is as uncommon as I think it is. I have seen a couple of places in this area that just have the 30.07 signs. I have already searched Texas3006.com, and this is all I have.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

cheezit
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed Carry in Greater Tyler Apartments

Post by cheezit »

I didn't think that common grounds in a living complex was enforceable

NNT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NNT »

I don't have specific info for that area, but I know many leases address it for residents. Guests, I'm not sure.

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Legends of Lindale (55+ apartment community) at Lindale, the 30.06/30.07 signs are on the community room/leasing office, but they allow concealed and open carry in common areas, such as sidewalks, streets, pavilion; in Tyler, at Villas of Pine Ridge (a tax credit senior living complex) 8-foot chain link gated fence with both signs on the gate surrounds the apartments, but the office complex outside the fence is not signed...Duh! In Mineola, Mineola Senior Communities apartments have a 30.06/30.07 sign posted at the main entrance driveway. In Tyler, on Hwy 69 near I-20 at Lindale, Saige Meadows Apartments restricted income complex, only 30.07 sign is displayed at main entrance. Again in Tyler, there is a huge mega apartment complex off the Loop 323 (The Cascades? not listed at Texas3006.com yet) that has posted 30.07 signs on the main drive entrance. The 30.06 signs at all the mentioned locations are invalid because they are not compliant with the law in effect as of Jan. 1, 2016. I have personally seen all these signs. All of these were found listed at Texas3006.com, except The Cascades.
Last edited by SIGFan43 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIGFan43

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

cheezit wrote:I didn't think that common grounds in a living complex was enforceable
Yes, it is enforceable, with the exception that Texas law allows people to carry handguns between apartments and cars as long as the handgun is out of sight. I am not a lawyer, but lawyers have clarified this multiple times. I'm not aware of any East Texas apartments that ban possession of guns in your own apartment, though, but it's possible, I guess.
SIGFan43

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”