Location of signs at movie theater

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Location of signs at movie theater

Post by TVGuy »

oohrah wrote:While state law trumps company policy, it only means they cannot charge you with a crime. They can, however, invoke the Texas "at will" to work, and fire you summarily for violating company policy if they found out. Or they can just fire you for no stated reason.
Not without a heck of a lawsuit if the cause they give you is due to a firearm in your locked car.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

TVGuy wrote:
oohrah wrote:While state law trumps company policy, it only means they cannot charge you with a crime. They can, however, invoke the Texas "at will" to work, and fire you summarily for violating company policy if they found out. Or they can just fire you for no stated reason.
Not without a heck of a lawsuit if the cause they give you is due to a firearm in your locked car.
Yes, I need to amend my comment, I forgot about the parking lot law. However, if they're smart, they will just say - "Your services are no longer required". They don't need to give you a reason.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

oohrah wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
Yes, I need to amend my comment, I forgot about the parking lot law. However, if they're smart, they will just say - "Your services are no longer required". They don't need to give you a reason.
Company is based out of another state that may be unaware of the Texas parking lot law. That being said, the place I work is in a series of warehouses and I tend to park in one of the spots not next to our building. It doesn't impact me much since I only go into the office 3-4 times a month at most.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”