Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 9

Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Post by chasfm11 »

Three Forks restaurant in Dallas does not show up in Texas3006.com. I cannot imagine a place like that not at least posting a 30.07 sign. Someone I know called them about their gun policy and apparently the 18 yr old hostess who answered the phone freaked out. I've recommended that asking questions might get signs posted that none of us want.

That establishment is a little outside of my normal price range so haven't been there personally. Has anyone gone there recently who can confirm that there are no signs?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Post by C-dub »

We've been there once, for our 25th wedding anniversary. Sorry, but I didn't not carry and did not look or remember whether or not they're posted.

Like you, I can't imagine them not at least posting 30.07.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

spolct
Posts in topic: 1

Post by spolct »

Pappas Steakhouse is in the same league as 3 Forks and they have no .07 or .06 signs. I think they have a small sign basically indicating that they discourage open carry, but I don't think they'd kick you out if that's your thing.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Liberty wrote:I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?
Maybe. Someone I know called over there to ask about the gun policy. The person who answered the phone and took the question apparently freaked out over the question being asked. At a minimum, that suggests to me that no one has shown up OC there. His question was: are there signs posted which prohibit open or concealed carry. While I don't expect every young hostess to be well versed on gun policy, if they stand at the door daily and there is a sign, I would have expected them to remember it and have a hint about why it is there. That suggests to me that there are no signs.

His plan was to pursuit the matter with Three Forks management. I suggested that he not do that. At this point, they have a gun policy and it is evident on their doors, whether it was arrived at consciously or by default. Those who get there by default may not know that is what happened to them and I prefer to allow them to continue not knowing.

As you say, it may be a Dallas area thing but many of our local eateries have valid 30.07 signs. I've added a number of them to the 30.07 data base myself. If there are 30.06 posted restaurants, there are very few and I don't remember one after Appleby's here went out of business. I cannot imagine a place like Three Forks wanting to have signs on the entrance. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew for sure, one way or the other.

The guy who asked the question may be attending Three Forks with a group and may not be driving. Sometimes, it is not just inconvenient to disarm at the last minute, it is nearly impossible without generating discussion that you may not want. I love Texas3006 for that reason and do everything that I can to help it keep updated. This is just one of those cases.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

chasfm11 wrote:
Liberty wrote:I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?
Maybe. Someone I know called over there to ask about the gun policy. The person who answered the phone and took the question apparently freaked out over the question being asked. At a minimum, that suggests to me that no one has shown up OC there. His question was: are there signs posted which prohibit open or concealed carry. While I don't expect every young hostess to be well versed on gun policy, if they stand at the door daily and there is a sign, I would have expected them to remember it and have a hint about why it is there. That suggests to me that there are no signs.

His plan was to pursuit the matter with Three Forks management. I suggested that he not do that. At this point, they have a gun policy and it is evident on their doors, whether it was arrived at consciously or by default. Those who get there by default may not know that is what happened to them and I prefer to allow them to continue not knowing.

As you say, it may be a Dallas area thing but many of our local eateries have valid 30.07 signs. I've added a number of them to the 30.07 data base myself. If there are 30.06 posted restaurants, there are very few and I don't remember one after Appleby's here went out of business. I cannot imagine a place like Three Forks wanting to have signs on the entrance. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew for sure, one way or the other.

The guy who asked the question may be attending Three Forks with a group and may not be driving. Sometimes, it is not just inconvenient to disarm at the last minute, it is nearly impossible without generating discussion that you may not want. I love Texas3006 for that reason and do everything that I can to help it keep updated. This is just one of those cases.
We shop at Central Market where we can carry. Buy a nice steak, eat at home with better wine at 1/10 the cost. You are welcome to join us anytime!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

We went in June for a quiet birthday dinner for my wife. I did not see any signs then but that was 2 months ago.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
We shop at Central Market where we can carry. Buy a nice steak, eat at home with better wine at 1/10 the cost. You are welcome to join us anytime!
As I said in my OP, I'm not a Three Forks kinda guy. Someone posted about it on another forum that I belong to and I jumped in when he said that he was going to contact Three Forks management. I'm with you. I buy my steaks and grill them myself. I gather this guy is going with a group and he may not be paying. That puts a different look on things. :biggrinjester:
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RPBrown wrote:We went in June for a quiet birthday dinner for my wife. I did not see any signs then but that was 2 months ago.
Thanks. That is what I was looking for - first hand experience. I doubt that things have changed and have sent your information to the fellow asking the question.
Dum Spiro, Spero

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

TVGuy wrote:#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.
In the scenario that I suggested, where you are riding with others (and therefore don't have a car to return to if there is a sign) and among a group of people where you don't wish to disclose your LTC, it makes sense to try to find out in advance. Just because Texas3006 does not show a sign doesn't mean that there isn't one, even in an upscale place. People think of Whole Foods as upscale, too, and they are all posted.

I jumped in for just the reason that you mentioned - I didn't want a sign to appear where there wasn't one. I happen to believe that one of the driving forces behind 30.06 signs is a feeling of Elitism. That certainly can happen at any place that considers themselves upscale.
Dum Spiro, Spero

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

chasfm11 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

In the scenario that I suggested, where you are riding with others (and therefore don't have a car to return to if there is a sign) and among a group of people where you don't wish to disclose your LTC, it makes sense to try to find out in advance. Just because Texas3006 does not show a sign doesn't mean that there isn't one, even in an upscale place. People think of Whole Foods as upscale, too, and they are all posted.

I jumped in for just the reason that you mentioned - I didn't want a sign to appear where there wasn't one. I happen to believe that one of the driving forces behind 30.06 signs is a feeling of Elitism. That certainly can happen at any place that considers themselves upscale.
I think you would find that high end restaurants have clientele that are more likely to carry than your average citizen of Texas, especially of people in urban areas. For example, Highland Park which is arguably the most elite of DFW neighborhoods, would be the amongst the most conservative in the area. The elitism you describe is primarily "coastal elitism", or that of wealthy transplants from the northeast or west coasts. Undoubtedly, an upscale kale restaurant would be banned, but not a steak restaurant. I eat at very expensive restaurants on a normal basis for work and I would say that they seem to be posted much less often than average. It's usually the chains, regardless of price, that are posted.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

TVGuy wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:

I think you would find that high end restaurants have clientele that are more likely to carry than your average citizen of Texas, especially of people in urban areas. For example, Highland Park which is arguably the most elite of DFW neighborhoods, would be the amongst the most conservative in the area. The elitism you describe is primarily "coastal elitism", or that of wealthy transplants from the northeast or west coasts. Undoubtedly, an upscale kale restaurant would be banned, but not a steak restaurant. I eat at very expensive restaurants on a normal basis for work and I would say that they seem to be posted much less often than average. It's usually the chains, regardless of price, that are posted.
I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

ScottDLS wrote: I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.
Now we're guessing the intentions of those that don't post signs? I've got too much on my plate to go there. I'll just continue to carry away and enjoy my food.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

TVGuy wrote:
ScottDLS wrote: I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.
Now we're guessing the intentions of those that don't post signs? I've got too much on my plate to go there. I'll just continue to carry away and enjoy my food.
I don't care why Three Forks or anyone else doesn't post or post correctly, I just carry if they are not properly posted. I've carried at Three Forks, though a few years ago. And I had some wine too... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”