Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby chasfm11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Three Forks restaurant in Dallas does not show up in Texas3006.com. I cannot imagine a place like that not at least posting a 30.07 sign. Someone I know called them about their gun policy and apparently the 18 yr old hostess who answered the phone freaked out. I've recommended that asking questions might get signs posted that none of us want.

That establishment is a little outside of my normal price range so haven't been there personally. Has anyone gone there recently who can confirm that there are no signs?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts: 11558
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby C-dub » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 pm

We've been there once, for our 25th wedding anniversary. Sorry, but I didn't not carry and did not look or remember whether or not they're posted.

Like you, I can't imagine them not at least posting 30.07.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.


spolct
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby spolct » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Pappas Steakhouse is in the same league as 3 Forks and they have no .07 or .06 signs. I think they have a small sign basically indicating that they discourage open carry, but I don't think they'd kick you out if that's your thing.

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts: 5288
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby Liberty » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:05 am

I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


Topic author
chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby chasfm11 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 am

Liberty wrote:I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?


Maybe. Someone I know called over there to ask about the gun policy. The person who answered the phone and took the question apparently freaked out over the question being asked. At a minimum, that suggests to me that no one has shown up OC there. His question was: are there signs posted which prohibit open or concealed carry. While I don't expect every young hostess to be well versed on gun policy, if they stand at the door daily and there is a sign, I would have expected them to remember it and have a hint about why it is there. That suggests to me that there are no signs.

His plan was to pursuit the matter with Three Forks management. I suggested that he not do that. At this point, they have a gun policy and it is evident on their doors, whether it was arrived at consciously or by default. Those who get there by default may not know that is what happened to them and I prefer to allow them to continue not knowing.

As you say, it may be a Dallas area thing but many of our local eateries have valid 30.07 signs. I've added a number of them to the 30.07 data base myself. If there are 30.06 posted restaurants, there are very few and I don't remember one after Appleby's here went out of business. I cannot imagine a place like Three Forks wanting to have signs on the entrance. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew for sure, one way or the other.

The guy who asked the question may be attending Three Forks with a group and may not be driving. Sometimes, it is not just inconvenient to disarm at the last minute, it is nearly impossible without generating discussion that you may not want. I love Texas3006 for that reason and do everything that I can to help it keep updated. This is just one of those cases.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts: 1583
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby Bitter Clinger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:55 am

chasfm11 wrote:
Liberty wrote:I eat out a lot, around the Houston - Galveston and in the Hill Country area. At lots of fine dining places, and greasy spoons also. I've never seen a 30.0x sighn at an eating establishment. Is it common to see anti-gun restaurants in the Dallas area, or is there something special about Three Forks that one would find it gun unfriendly?


Maybe. Someone I know called over there to ask about the gun policy. The person who answered the phone and took the question apparently freaked out over the question being asked. At a minimum, that suggests to me that no one has shown up OC there. His question was: are there signs posted which prohibit open or concealed carry. While I don't expect every young hostess to be well versed on gun policy, if they stand at the door daily and there is a sign, I would have expected them to remember it and have a hint about why it is there. That suggests to me that there are no signs.

His plan was to pursuit the matter with Three Forks management. I suggested that he not do that. At this point, they have a gun policy and it is evident on their doors, whether it was arrived at consciously or by default. Those who get there by default may not know that is what happened to them and I prefer to allow them to continue not knowing.

As you say, it may be a Dallas area thing but many of our local eateries have valid 30.07 signs. I've added a number of them to the 30.07 data base myself. If there are 30.06 posted restaurants, there are very few and I don't remember one after Appleby's here went out of business. I cannot imagine a place like Three Forks wanting to have signs on the entrance. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew for sure, one way or the other.

The guy who asked the question may be attending Three Forks with a group and may not be driving. Sometimes, it is not just inconvenient to disarm at the last minute, it is nearly impossible without generating discussion that you may not want. I love Texas3006 for that reason and do everything that I can to help it keep updated. This is just one of those cases.


We shop at Central Market where we can carry. Buy a nice steak, eat at home with better wine at 1/10 the cost. You are welcome to join us anytime!
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby RPBrown » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 am

We went in June for a quiet birthday dinner for my wife. I did not see any signs then but that was 2 months ago.
NRA-Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image


Topic author
chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby chasfm11 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:02 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
We shop at Central Market where we can carry. Buy a nice steak, eat at home with better wine at 1/10 the cost. You are welcome to join us anytime!


As I said in my OP, I'm not a Three Forks kinda guy. Someone posted about it on another forum that I belong to and I jumped in when he said that he was going to contact Three Forks management. I'm with you. I buy my steaks and grill them myself. I gather this guy is going with a group and he may not be paying. That puts a different look on things. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero


Topic author
chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby chasfm11 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:05 am

RPBrown wrote:We went in June for a quiet birthday dinner for my wife. I did not see any signs then but that was 2 months ago.

Thanks. That is what I was looking for - first hand experience. I doubt that things have changed and have sent your information to the fellow asking the question.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby TVGuy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.


Topic author
chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby chasfm11 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:23 am

TVGuy wrote:#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.


In the scenario that I suggested, where you are riding with others (and therefore don't have a car to return to if there is a sign) and among a group of people where you don't wish to disclose your LTC, it makes sense to try to find out in advance. Just because Texas3006 does not show a sign doesn't mean that there isn't one, even in an upscale place. People think of Whole Foods as upscale, too, and they are all posted.

I jumped in for just the reason that you mentioned - I didn't want a sign to appear where there wasn't one. I happen to believe that one of the driving forces behind 30.06 signs is a feeling of Elitism. That certainly can happen at any place that considers themselves upscale.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby TVGuy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 am

chasfm11 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.


In the scenario that I suggested, where you are riding with others (and therefore don't have a car to return to if there is a sign) and among a group of people where you don't wish to disclose your LTC, it makes sense to try to find out in advance. Just because Texas3006 does not show a sign doesn't mean that there isn't one, even in an upscale place. People think of Whole Foods as upscale, too, and they are all posted.

I jumped in for just the reason that you mentioned - I didn't want a sign to appear where there wasn't one. I happen to believe that one of the driving forces behind 30.06 signs is a feeling of Elitism. That certainly can happen at any place that considers themselves upscale.


I think you would find that high end restaurants have clientele that are more likely to carry than your average citizen of Texas, especially of people in urban areas. For example, Highland Park which is arguably the most elite of DFW neighborhoods, would be the amongst the most conservative in the area. The elitism you describe is primarily "coastal elitism", or that of wealthy transplants from the northeast or west coasts. Undoubtedly, an upscale kale restaurant would be banned, but not a steak restaurant. I eat at very expensive restaurants on a normal basis for work and I would say that they seem to be posted much less often than average. It's usually the chains, regardless of price, that are posted.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby ScottDLS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:56 am

TVGuy wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:#1 - I'm not sure why someone would expect them to be posted. There are a number of similar upscale restaurants in DFW and I don't recall any of them being posted.

#2- I can't fathom any reason why someone would call any business and inquire if they are posted or not, this just seems so counterintuitive. You're asking for a sign to be put up when there wasn't one to begin with.


In the scenario that I suggested, where you are riding with others (and therefore don't have a car to return to if there is a sign) and among a group of people where you don't wish to disclose your LTC, it makes sense to try to find out in advance. Just because Texas3006 does not show a sign doesn't mean that there isn't one, even in an upscale place. People think of Whole Foods as upscale, too, and they are all posted.

I jumped in for just the reason that you mentioned - I didn't want a sign to appear where there wasn't one. I happen to believe that one of the driving forces behind 30.06 signs is a feeling of Elitism. That certainly can happen at any place that considers themselves upscale.


I think you would find that high end restaurants have clientele that are more likely to carry than your average citizen of Texas, especially of people in urban areas. For example, Highland Park which is arguably the most elite of DFW neighborhoods, would be the amongst the most conservative in the area. The elitism you describe is primarily "coastal elitism", or that of wealthy transplants from the northeast or west coasts. Undoubtedly, an upscale kale restaurant would be banned, but not a steak restaurant. I eat at very expensive restaurants on a normal basis for work and I would say that they seem to be posted much less often than average. It's usually the chains, regardless of price, that are posted.


I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby TVGuy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:05 am

ScottDLS wrote:I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.


Now we're guessing the intentions of those that don't post signs? I've got too much on my plate to go there. I'll just continue to carry away and enjoy my food.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Three Forks in Dallas - posted?

Postby ScottDLS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:47 am

TVGuy wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:I think mainly they don't want to post the hideous looking signage associated with a properly posted notice. I have noticed that the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth has mandated that all their churches be posted 30.06/7, and let me tell you, it really ruins the entrances to many of these otherwise beautiful churches.


Now we're guessing the intentions of those that don't post signs? I've got too much on my plate to go there. I'll just continue to carry away and enjoy my food.


I don't care why Three Forks or anyone else doesn't post or post correctly, I just carry if they are not properly posted. I've carried at Three Forks, though a few years ago. And I had some wine too... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests