Harvey, GRB in Houston No Guns

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Harvey, GRB in Houston No Guns

Post by anygunanywhere »

I've been watching the Communist News Network and Fox as the water rescues are being accomplished by volunteers. Texans helping Texans. What I am seeing runs counter to the prog antifa narrative that ABCNBCBSCNN continually preaches.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

anygunanywhere wrote:I've been watching the Communist News Network and Fox as the water rescues are being accomplished by volunteers. Texans helping Texans. What I am seeing runs counter to the prog antifa narrative that ABCNBCBSCNN continually preaches.
Yes. I think this country is far more unified in thought and deed than much of the mainstream media would like sheep to believe. "The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of it's shallowness." - George Carlin
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DEB »

After Katrina all the politicians made laws saying people would not be separated from their firearms and now what I am seeing about Houston/etc, I don't believe I would go to a shelter. I will maintain enough items to shelter in and maintain some sort of physical/spiritual fitness to survive what is to come. They could at least maintain two type of shelters, one which allows firearms/pets and another that forbids these items. This, to me, is the Lord warning us of what the future will look like and to prepare. If the Government takes care of you, you will be disarmed and maybe even separated from your wife and other family members, depending on the disaster. You will be placed within a shelter that, due to the circumstances, will mostly resemble a prison type of atmosphere, as the authorities will need to be more stringent on control for everyone's safety. If the circumstances get worse/longer then the control will be more stringent, more people also means more predators versus prey. Read about any prison or stories about any concentration camp. Guards are/were only a part of the victimization process, many are committed by the stronger and more criminally motivated detainees. So, bug in or have plans/area to bug out will be my personal mantra. As I get older, more and more quickly it seems, Bug in appears to become probably my 1st option. I am pretty lucky as I live outside of Fort Hood, all of my neighbors are former soldiers and all have prepared accordingly. We have discussed our options and can retrograde to other more easily defended areas if required. The only other option is to let the Government take care of you, which means disarmament, be fully controlled and perhaps be separated from your significant other.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

With HB 435 kicking in in few weeks, how would this play out if upon presenting my FD/EMS id, I'm denied entry while carrying?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

parabelum wrote:With HB 435 kicking in in few weeks, how would this play out if upon presenting my FD/EMS id, I'm denied entry while carrying?
If you work as a volunteer as opposed to a professional FD/EMS then you would have yet another reason why they can not legally deny you entry with a legally carried weapon. And they would still deny you entry. They are already violating the law by denying legal carry into a government owned building. Why would they worry about violating another law, or two, or three?

Personally, evacuation to a shelter would be a last choice for me. As I type this, I have close to 100 gallons of drinkable water in a Water Bob on the second floor of my house. I have another 15 gallons of bottled water, a bunch of canned food, several cases of MRE's, etc. I have been blessed to not lose power or water service, and we are dry. But I am well prepared to shelter in place for at least a week unless my house gets completely flooded.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
parabelum wrote:With HB 435 kicking in in few weeks, how would this play out if upon presenting my FD/EMS id, I'm denied entry while carrying?
If you work as a volunteer as opposed to a professional FD/EMS then you would have yet another reason why they can not legally deny you entry with a legally carried weapon. And they would still deny you entry. They are already violating the law by denying legal carry into a government owned building. Why would they worry about violating another law, or two, or three?

Personally, evacuation to a shelter would be a last choice for me. As I type this, I have close to 100 gallons of drinkable water in a Water Bob on the second floor of my house. I have another 15 gallons of bottled water, a bunch of canned food, several cases of MRE's, etc. I have been blessed to not lose power or water service, and we are dry. But I am well prepared to shelter in place for at least a week unless my house gets completely flooded.
Starting Friday Sept 1.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Edited: Will start this as a new thread..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

parabelum wrote:So, it's between shelter for your family or your 2A Right? Nice.

I noticed they're not supposed to be checking immigration status though, so that's nice.
^^THIS...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

RogueUSMC wrote:
parabelum wrote:So, it's between shelter for your family or your 2A Right? Nice.

I noticed they're not supposed to be checking immigration status though, so that's nice.
^^THIS...
So if you are violating our immigration laws, you are OK. But our government servants will violate the law to keep you out of safety if you wish to legally exercise your 2A rights. I'm sure this all makes sense to your average democrat.

And for the record I am fine with them not checking immigration status given the circumstances.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”