what knife are you carrying on friday?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: what knife are you carrying on friday?

Post by Deltaboy »

Since I work at a Public School and am attending a college football game Saturday I won't be wearing any big steel till next week!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

RSX11 wrote:
The real super heroes, have better things to do in Houston. They are helping people. JMHO
The guy in the picture (Evo Gambino) you're criticizing is a a US Army member, been in 11 years and deployed to Iraq in 2009 and 2010. During Harvey he has organizing and been working with some other cosplayers at GRB, distributing toys to children and taking pictures with them, trying to cheer them up and lift everybody's spirits. So yeah, he's a real superhero in my book.

Maybe that should have been included with the original photo. As it was, with the caption posted, he doesn't come off as a hero. Since I now know "the rest of the story" I will retract my criticism.
:tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RSX11
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RSX11 »

with the caption posted, he doesn't come off as a hero
I hardly think a picture of a cosplayer riding a bike and fully exercising his second amendment rights deserved any criticism whatsoever - it did just so happen that the person doing it in this case is a really great guy and a well known local hero. His portrayal of Deadpool has been delighting folks young and old all over Houston for quite a while, even before Harvey. Perhaps this can be a little object lesson for you about being too quick to criticize and judging someone solely on their appearance?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

RSX11 wrote:
I hardly think a picture of a cosplayer riding a bike and fully exercising his second amendment rights deserved any criticism whatsoever - it did just so happen that the person doing it in this case is a really great guy and a well known local hero. His portrayal of Deadpool has been delighting folks young and old all over Houston for quite a while, even before Harvey. Perhaps this can be a little object lesson for you about being too quick to criticize and judging someone solely on their appearance?
It had nothing to do with his appearance, or someone excercising their rights, had you not posted, that he was driving around Houston, for the purpose of celebrating OC, and repeal of knife laws, I would not have given it a second thought. My issue was that with everything going on in Houston, it seemed a little self serving. For those of us who don't live in the Houston area, we are not familiar with this particular person, perhaps more info regarding this person initially, would have prevented any misunderstanding.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jusme wrote:
RSX11 wrote:
It had nothing to do with his appearance, or someone excercising their rights, had you not posted, that he was driving around Houston, for the purpose of celebrating OC, and repeal of knife laws, I would not have given it a second thought. My issue was that with everything going on in Houston, it seemed a little self serving. For those of us who don't live in the Houston area, we are not familiar with this particular person, perhaps more info regarding this person initially, would have prevented any misunderstanding.
Have to agree with Jusme. I found the picture and caption posted by RSX11 to be almost an invitation to contraversy. If it wasn't intended to be misleading, it was certainly not an example of clarity.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Guys, don't make me pull over! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

charliee

Post by charliee »

For me it will be a Gerber Covert or an Openil #8.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”