Moved out of state but still want to keep my TX CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 2

Moved out of state but still want to keep my TX CHL

Post by Texas_Blaze »

After decades of livin' in TX, I decided to move out of Texas to Michigan. I want to keep my TX CHL. I have a Michigan DL now, causing my TX DL to be void. The CHL has my old TX DL so right now it isn't valid. Is it possible to change the CHL to show MI DL?
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Moved out of state but still want to keep my TX CHL

Post by WTR »

I have a non resident TX CHL which shows my NM drivers license number.

infoman

Post by infoman »

Very important- this must be done by mail. This cannot be done online. You must mail an LTC-70 & check for $25, also include a front & back copy of your new Michigan DL/ID card.

Topic author
Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texas_Blaze »

infoman wrote:Very important- this must be done by mail. This cannot be done online. You must mail an LTC-70 & check for $25, also include a front & back copy of your new Michigan DL/ID card.
On the LTC-70 it provides for Name Change, Address Change, Replacement (lost / stolen) and Designation (vet, instructor, prosecuting attorney). I don't see where to list the DL number & issuing state changes. Maybe I'm missin' sumthin'...
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Texas_Blaze wrote:
infoman wrote:Very important- this must be done by mail. This cannot be done online. You must mail an LTC-70 & check for $25, also include a front & back copy of your new Michigan DL/ID card.
On the LTC-70 it provides for Name Change, Address Change, Replacement (lost / stolen) and Designation (vet, instructor, prosecuting attorney). I don't see where to list the DL number & issuing state changes. Maybe I'm missin' sumthin'...
How about here:
Capture.JPG
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”