Carry gun in Big bend

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
5502xtl
Posts in topic: 1

Carry gun in Big bend

Post by 5502xtl »

I know it is all right to carry in national parks, but you can't carry in federal building such as the ranger station. I would like to stay at the Chisos Lodge. I assume it is all right to carry a firearm there as well as the restaurant and convenience store that are in the Chisos Basin. Any advice would be welcome.

RoyGBiv

Re: Carry gun in Big bend

Post by RoyGBiv »

I know you can't carry into the lodge at Yellowstone since it's run by the national park service.
But the lodge at Big Bend appears to be run by a private company. So, maybe.

Maybe call them and ask them?
Forever Resorts is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service and state and public agencies, and operates under special use permits with the USDA Forest Service. Forever Resorts is a Committed Equal Opportunity Service Provider.
ETA.
Nothing shows up on texas3006.com

ETA2.
Welcome OP! :hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

DEB

Post by DEB »

5502xtl wrote:I know it is all right to carry in national parks, but you can't carry in federal building such as the ranger station. I would like to stay at the Chisos Lodge. I assume it is all right to carry a firearm there as well as the restaurant and convenience store that are in the Chisos Basin. Any advice would be welcome.
When I went there several years ago, both the restaurant and the store had signs stating that they were federal buildings and carry was prohibited. I have went to several other National Parks, and the same signage is always present on all the buildings, except for where one sleeps as it were.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

I always carry when hiking in National Parks. Most of my trips are in the Southwest. Lots of critters to defend against (human and animal). The sign below is in Coronado National Park (S. AZ), which abuts the border with Mexico. Almost every other hiker we saw on the trail was open carrying. The Park Rangers were heavily armed, and wearing body armor as well. We just left the firearms in the trunk to go into the Visitor Center (which was posted).
Attachments
DSCN2327.jpg

Terlingueno

Post by Terlingueno »

DEB wrote:
5502xtl wrote:I know it is all right to carry in national parks, but you can't carry in federal building such as the ranger station. I would like to stay at the Chisos Lodge. I assume it is all right to carry a firearm there as well as the restaurant and convenience store that are in the Chisos Basin. Any advice would be welcome.
When I went there several years ago, both the restaurant and the store had signs stating that they were federal buildings and carry was prohibited. I have went to several other National Parks, and the same signage is always present on all the buildings, except for where one sleeps as it were.
None of the concession buildings (Forever Resorts) in Big Bend National Park are Federal buildings. None of the Forever Resorts buildings are signed or ever have been signed as .gov buildings nor do they have 30.06/30.07 signage. I carry (concealed) in the restaurant/gas stations/stores all the time.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”