Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Re: LTC renewal, come on DPS.......!

Post by flintknapper »

1911 10mm wrote:
SMH. This is only your opinion you were asking for just basic information, DPS feels differently.
Actually...its fact. DPS was the one with an 'opinion', and the only one that matters in this case. ;-)

A few other 'facts' of this case (not 'opinion'):

DPS failed to provide updated status (online) of the application.
DPS has in place an identification process that allows anyone with the Date of Birth and TDL of the applicant to access their information online but also in person (provided they have the right voice for gender and purposely misrepresent themselves).

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
^^^^
Now...we have an example of an 'opinion'. But thank you for sharing yours.

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 1911 10MM »

flintknapper wrote:1911 10mm wrote:
SMH. This is only your opinion you were asking for just basic information, DPS feels differently.
Actually...its fact. DPS was the one with an 'opinion', and the only one that matters in this case. ;-)

A few other 'facts' of this case (not 'opinion'):

DPS failed to provide updated status (online) of the application.
DPS has in place an identification process that allows anyone with the Date of Birth and TDL of the applicant to access their information online but also in person (provided they have the right voice for gender and purposely misrepresent themselves).

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
^^^^
Now...we have an example of an 'opinion'. But thank you for sharing yours.

Flint.
Actually you have no right to the information you are requesting as you are not the applicant. Like I said earlier it is your opinion that the information you seek does not violate DPS rules. DPS obviously does not agree with you and I for one am glad they aren’t providing the information and are making an effort to protect the privacy of LTC holders.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

flintknapper wrote:Seriously, where is the harm in volunteering to do some legwork for your child...if you can help them in some small way.

This is real life, not an "excuse". Most of us are living the 'real life' about 99.999999% of the time.

Thank You for your input,

Flint.

There is not wrong with doing the legwork for your child or any other person. In this case, you might tell your adult child that this is something she will have to handle. The DPS accepts phone calls and if she is "too busy" to hold, the DPS also responds to email. Emails don't take long and can be done in a few minutes.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flintknapper »

Just a follow up on this.

After my call to the DPS (and before my Daughter had a chance to) her NEW license 'miraculously' showed up in the mail 3 days later.

Bottom line: They never mailed the first license (they claimed), that is why there was never an 'update' online for me to see or check on.
You KNOW what happened, they dropped the ball (lost or failed to process the application) then rushed to 'fix' that after it was discovered.

So...had I not called, we'd STILL be waiting on it.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I am having frustrations with them now on a renewal...

I have yet to see anyone's renewal taking more than three weeks in a long time. Mine still says that fingerprints and background check pending. I called them and was told that they had 45-60 days to get it done. My original license took over 90 days and I had to get my senator and congressman involved to get it resolved...maybe I'm just unlucky.

And I am wondering that, being as I called about it and told them of my frustrations, he made a note to make sure mine takes the maximum time. He said that by 60 didn't start until they registered receipt of documents. I did the renewal application online but it took them 10 days to get it I guess...he made it clear that my waiting period didn't start until ten days after I submitted my application. No 'we will see what we can do' or 'we are working as fast as we can'...just 'we have 60 days to do it'...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

infoman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by infoman »

What was the exact date of your online payment? & did you have to send in any documents? (DD-214, BOC, Peace Officer, Military, etc). Also, some renewals (in rare cases) must go get new prints taken. It sounds like you’re just being impatient. they do have 45 Days from receipt of all your materials & assuming your old prints went through ok.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

That's the frustrating part. Idid the applicationa dn paid for it on the 6th and there was no supporting documents to send. They said they 'showed receipt' of my application on the 16th. and That is when the 45 days starts...

My veterans status is still on file with them as my drivers license came within two weeks and it still said veteran also...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”