Self defense isurance

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
crazy2medic

Self defense isurance

Postby crazy2medic » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:32 pm

I think I may have found a self defence insurance I'm comfortable with, however in the spirit of being overtly cautious, is there anywhere I can find a independent evaluation of the pros/cons and ratings of the offerings?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

Tex1961

Re: Self defense isurance

Postby Tex1961 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:02 pm

The problem as I have both read about and have experienced (same as you) is that there hasn't been a lot of actual case's to compare. All you can really do is go with your gut instinct as far as which one sounds the best to your situation and budget.
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.

MechAg94

Postby MechAg94 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Yeah, that is the rub. If you have a lawyer right from the start and you are actually thinking about all this ahead of time, your odds of getting dragged into court go down considerably. They count it as a win if they never get that far (I would also).

I would simply look at what they are offering and decide if that is what you need. For me, I wanted to make sure the service got me a lawyer immediately and was able to help with bail (within limits) without any immediate out-of-pocket cost to me. I think most of those you hear about do that, but I have heard some services are true insurance and only reimburse those expenses after you are cleared. That sort of thing was a big concern for me.

twomillenium

Postby twomillenium » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Make sure that your are aware of self defense insurance and pre-paid legal service. There is a difference.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
crazy2medic

Postby crazy2medic » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 pm

twomillenium wrote:Make sure that your are aware of self defense insurance and pre-paid legal service. There is a difference.

I had prepaid legal when I was at the fire dept. so I know the difference, funny thing was they would cover just about anything unless it involved the city and then they'd bow out!

Topic author
crazy2medic

Postby crazy2medic » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks for your input guys!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”