Self defense isurance

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

superstar
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Self defense isurance

Post by superstar »

ScottDLS wrote:Personally I have an attorney and bail bondsman on retainer. I pay a flat fee to have Alan Dershowitz available to me at any time for his regular fee of $1000hr, even if he’s in the middle of a seminar at Harvard Law School. My bondsman will provide a cash bond of up $1,000,000 in any court in the US 24/7. Last time I needed it was when I was going to “take the ride” for carrying concealed with a license on city property that had a 1” circle slash gun sign on the back loading bay door. Once Prof. Dershowitz was done talking to the cop, the LEO wrote himself a ticket for disorderly conduct. "rlol"
That's funny!

Care to share the fee with us? it doesn't have to exact you can just round it up.

superstar

Post by superstar »

TreyHouston wrote:It has been a long time since I have looked into these things. I just poked around again reading a few of the popular ones. So as I am “emergency personnel” Texas State Guard, I have defence to 30.06. Does this mean that if I use my firearm inside such location or an arrested in such location I am still technically in violation of the legal services coverage? From what I read, they inplied that you are NOT covered in a place of restricted areas wether it be Federal, State, or local law.
Best to call and find out, please share it with us when you do.

superstar

Post by superstar »

WildRose wrote:
You'll find out in all likelihood if you have the lawyer you need within 24-48hrs and if you're not confident in the competency of the lawyer provided you can always hire another.
Does the service you got lets you switch lawyers at no charge? Why wait for those crucial hours and not research now for the lawyer you feel confident about? Rather than get a surprise later.

It sounds to me that you'll be spending more money if you are stuck with an attorney that you are not happy with. However, if they let you pick your own and switch at no charge and you are happy then that's all it matters in the end.

If I were to research for one I would want someone with experience on the other side of the law (assistant prosecutors, prosecutors, if they were LEO's before becoming an atty. would be a plus) and having experience with criminal law.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildRose »

superstar wrote:
WildRose wrote:
You'll find out in all likelihood if you have the lawyer you need within 24-48hrs and if you're not confident in the competency of the lawyer provided you can always hire another.
Does the service you got lets you switch lawyers at no charge? Why wait for those crucial hours and not research now for the lawyer you feel confident about? Rather than get a surprise later.

It sounds to me that you'll be spending more money if you are stuck with an attorney that you are not happy with. However, if they let you pick your own and switch at no charge and you are happy then that's all it matters in the end.

If I were to research for one I would want someone with experience on the other side of the law (assistant prosecutors, prosecutors, if they were LEO's before becoming an atty. would be a plus) and having experience with criminal law.
My shooter's liability policy lets me pick the atty of my choice.

Our carry and self defense laws in this state have enough common sense behind them you're going to have to go out of your way to find yourself in a position to need one that's more than just competent unless you're unfortunate to find yourself in a handful of anti gun jurisdictions within the state.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”