CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Chasingtail2
Posts in topic: 9

CHL Denial

Post by Chasingtail2 »

Good morning guys,

I have a question that I’m sure has been asked on this board but I can’t seem to find information similar to mine. Hopefully I can get the answers to my problem.

Well here I go, we have all made some stupid mistakes in our past and I’m one of those idiots who knew it all at that age. I was 16 years old when I was accused of breaking into a house which to this day I still proclaim my innocence but unfortunately I nor my parents had the money at that time to hire a decent lawyer. The case finally went to court and by that time I turned 17 which made me an adult at that time, I am now 38 years old. I was placed on probation “deferred adjudication” for 5 years and only completed 3 out of the 5. Right now I have the ability to purchase a firearm but was denied my CHL and want to know if I hire a Lawyer to expunge my record with this allow my to get my CHL? I’ve asked a few lawyers but they all want some crazy amount of money just to look at the case.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to respond to my questions.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Denial

Post by RoyGBiv »

"Accused of..." . Did you do it? Let's not beat around the bush.
Completed 3 of a 5 year adjudication.... Why only 3? Where does this sentence stand?

I think you'll find a lot of understanding here but you'll need to come clean.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

You will have to get it expunged to get a Texas LTC. Deferred adjudication for burglary of a habitation is a permanent ban for LTC unless expunged, pardoned, etc.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

infoman

Post by infoman »

You might see about getting an order of non-disclosure too, although that may not be eligible to get for that. Otherwise need an expungement or pardon.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

RoyGBiv wrote:"Accused of..." . Did you do it? Let's not beat around the bush. ......I think you'll find a lot of understanding here but you'll need to come clean.
Exactly what I was thinking. :tiphat:
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

jmra

Post by jmra »

RoyGBiv wrote:"Accused of..." . Did you do it? Let's not beat around the bush.
Completed 3 of a 5 year adjudication.... Why only 3? Where does this sentence stand?

From the original post:
“I was accused of breaking into a house which to this day I still proclaim my innocence”
Sounds like he is saying he didn’t do it. Now only doing 3 of the five years I didn’t understand. How does that happen without additional consequences?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

jmra wrote:

From the original post:
“I was accused of breaking into a house which to this day I still proclaim my innocence”
Sounds like he is saying he didn’t do it. Now only doing 3 of the five years I didn’t understand. How does that happen without additional consequences?
I think he is saying he was released from probation early and the case was terminated.
Steve Rothstein

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

I love it when people post a question and then refuse to answer questions. Why are we entertaining this?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

TreyHouston wrote:I love it when people post a question and then refuse to answer questions. Why are we entertaining this?
There are some trolls out there and some are simply overwhelmed with answers.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

Hmmm.... Ok I stated I was accused of and yes I was accused of it and did not do it. I would appreciate if you wouldn't judge so quickly. I have dealt with this for over 20 years now and not a day that goes by where it dosn't _______ kill me inside. I have made my fare share of screw ups in my life and I own up to it. One thing I don't need is someone telling me to come clean with something I did not do. By the way I don't know you and you don't know me so why would I lie about something like this when we don't know each other.

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

bigtek wrote:You will have to get it expunged to get a Texas LTC. Deferred adjudication for burglary of a habitation is a permanent ban for LTC unless expunged, pardoned, etc.

Gotcha sir... I have the paper work for a Governor's Pardon but I have been told don't get your hopes up. Thank you sir for your reply!!!!! :cheers2:

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

infoman wrote:You might see about getting an order of non-disclosure too, although that may not be eligible to get for that. Otherwise need an expungement or pardon.

Thank you sir!!!!!

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

jmra wrote:

From the original post:

I appreciate your question.. This was many years ago when this took place. The judgment was 5 years probation but my probation officer sent a request to have me dismissed early. He took into consideration that I had turned my life around and at that time was going to join the Marine corps until a Nasty accident grew that out of the window. "pretty much broke my back" I was granted the early termination shortly there after.

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

TreyHouston wrote:I love it when people post a question and then refuse to answer questions. Why are we entertaining this?
You have no Idea how much that hurts... Like I said before Ive spent 20 years reliving that time and it really does hurt like hell knowing you have been punished for something you didn't do. Usually I just let trolls have their way but in this case its personal and I have to defend myself. Thank you for understanding that these thing do happen to people. :cheers2:

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Chasingtail2 wrote:
You have no Idea how much that hurts... Like I said before Ive spent 20 years reliving that time and it really does hurt like heck knowing you have been punished for something you didn't do. Usually I just let trolls have their way but in this case its personal and I have to defend myself. Thank you for understanding that these thing do happen to people. :cheers2:
I wouldn't see statements on this forum personal. Wording isn't always meant the way it us perceived. There always were and will be posts and statements not followed upon or questions answered correctly and objective.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”