CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MustangGlocker
Posts in topic: 3

Address change wait time?

Post by MustangGlocker »

Good morning all,

I did an address change for my CHL on 11/27 and have still yet to received the new license. I did a change for my DL at the same time and got the new DL in less than a week.

Should I get concerned or is this normal for CHL updates?

Thanks!
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Scott65
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Address change wait time?

Post by Scott65 »

Both times I've done one, I've received the new one in two weeks or less. But I've heard of others taking longer. Maybe a call to the DPS is in order? Couldn't hurt...

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Of the 4 or 5 times be changed my address I’ve always received the CHL (LTC) long before the DL came through.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've only changed my address once since getting my CHL and that was about 11-12 years ago. IIRC, both took less than a month, but don't remember whether the CHL or DL arrived first. However, you've still got some time. It'll probably show up tomorrow. Remember, there's a LOT of Christmas mail going through the post office at this time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

Thanks everyone. I'll be a bit more patient. I did log in and the DPS has my new address on file so hopefully the card shows up in the next few days.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mine only took a few days....maybe a week. We moved on 10/26. I think I updated my TDL and LTC in early November. About a week later, I had both new licenses.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SigM4 wrote:Of the 4 or 5 times be changed my address I’ve always received the CHL (LTC) long before the DL came through.
While I did get my LTC 1st, after my recent address change, my TDL followed by only a day or two.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

Got an update. DPS mailed my new license 2 days after I did the online address change. My post office felt the need to send it back to the DPS as undeliverable even though the address is correct. They will mail it back out to me. Not sure why my DL was delivered with no issues but my CHL was returned. Oh well. At least it's not lost.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”