Disappointed on LTC Waiting time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ray Heid
Posts in topic: 2

Disappointed on LTC Waiting time

Post by Ray Heid »

I have had everything submitted for 3 1/2 months, it has been stuck on Fingerprints : Under review , Background Check : Under review and License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review for over three months. It says to be patent, I feel I have been patent.

Last week I sent through their internet page a question about it, no response back. This past Monday, I called and the representative said it appears my fingerprint never went through and she was having them resent and would call me back later that day (Monday) or the next day (Tuesday), no call back.

So today I called back and was told they are working on it and give them another week. My frustration is starting to take place.

Is this typical of the Department? Any Ideas?

superstar

Re: Disappointed on LTC Waiting time

Post by superstar »

Fingerprints are handled by a different company, not DPS. If DPS have not received the fingerprints then call the place where you took your fingerprints and inquiry if you need to retake them.

infoman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by infoman »

I’d go get your prints retaken asap.

Topic author
Ray Heid

Post by Ray Heid »

Thanks, I'll try that..

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

I received feedback from a student a few days ago. He submitted his LTC-100 on 14 December, & received his LTC in the mail on 6 January. Including weekends & two major holidays, that was only 23 days.

(Not trying to rub it in or make you feel worse; your frustration is understandable. Just pointing out that it sounds like you're experience isn't typical).

I'd definitely contact the fingerprinting place & follow up with them.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

My renewal has said fingerprints and background check under review for more than three weeks now....
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

RogueUSMC wrote:My renewal has said fingerprints and background check under review for more than three weeks now....
Same here except I only have background check under review. Since I have never been ticketed, arrested or sought any mental health treatments, I'm assuming that I'll be renewed soon.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

superstar

Post by superstar »

If you guys have a common name "John Smith", the background check might take just a tad longer to make sure it is not the same person that might be forbidden from owning a gun. Just a thought.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”