Ltc timeline

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Coffee man
Posts in topic: 3

Ltc timeline

Post by Coffee man »

How long does it usually take to recive e license after application status says print pending? And is there a certain holster you would use to carry concealed? Or just find something that fills comfatable to ya?

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ltc timeline

Post by allisji »

Coffee man wrote:How long does it usually take to recive e license after application status says print pending? And is there a certain holster you would use to carry concealed? Or just find something that fills comfatable to ya?
there are lots of holster options depending on what gun you intend to carry. Check this link.

Comptac has some great holsters, alien gear has good holsters at a little bit lower price. Lots of folks love safariland holsters here. Don't get a soft-sided nylon holster, don't get a serpa.

Get a good gun belt, it makes a world of difference. Go to Belt-man for a great leather gunbelt, alien gear has a more affordable option. Also, 5.11 tactical and wilderness tactical make good nylon gun belts.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Use the search feature on the forum. There's lots of threads and hundreds of opinions about holsters.
You're already on the right track "find something that fills comfortable to ya?"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Coffee man

Post by Coffee man »

Thanks for all the info. :thumbs2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Coffee man wrote:How long does it usually take to recive e license after application status says print pending? And is there a certain holster you would use to carry concealed? Or just find something that fills comfatable to ya?
Welcome to the forum.

For every make and model of carry pistol made, there’s probably 20 different holster options out there for every method of carrying......ie IWB, OWB, Shoulder, etc. If you want better, more specific holster recommendations, you should mention what make/model of pistol(s) you’ll be carrying, and whether you want to carry them inside your waistband, outside your waistband, in a shoulder holster, a pocket holster, etc., etc.

THEN someone can give you more specific advice.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Coffee man

Post by Coffee man »

Gonna carry iwb. Gonna carry my m&p 40c or my 9c just not sure which one :headscratch

The Annoyed Man

Coffee man wrote:Gonna carry iwb. Gonna carry my m&p 40c or my 9c just not sure which one :headscratch
Well, here’s a suggestion..... the caveat being that you will eventually discover, as we ALL have, that you wake up one day and realize that you have a drawer full of holsters you no longer wear.....

I have one of these for my Glock 26: https://www.cyasupply.com/collections/i ... nd-holster....

At $37.74, they are cheap compared to a lot of other holsters, and they work exceedingly well. I use mine for appendix carry, but they have a forward cant to them, so they’ll work on the hip too. I have a bad back, and muscle soreness prevents me from carrying IWB on the hip - although I frequently carry OWB on the hip. The main reason I recommend this holster is that it will give you an inexpensive alternative that is actually useful while you look around at other options that may suit you better. It’s actually a very well made holster, and I use mine frequently, despite having “nicer” leather alternatives for OWB carry.

I ordered mine in a faux “carbon fiber” finish, and it looks pretty nice:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Coffee man wrote:Gonna carry iwb. Gonna carry my m&p 40c or my 9c just not sure which one :headscratch
Well, here’s a suggestion..... the caveat being that you will eventually discover, as we ALL have, that you wake up one day and realize that you have a drawer full of holsters you no longer wear.....

I have one of these for my Glock 26: https://www.cyasupply.com/collections/i ... nd-holster....

At $37.74, they are cheap compared to a lot of other holsters, and they work exceedingly well. I use mine for appendix carry, but they have a forward cant to them, so they’ll work on the hip too. I have a bad back, and muscle soreness prevents me from carrying IWB on the hip - although I frequently carry OWB on the hip. The main reason I recommend this holster is that it will give you an inexpensive alternative that is actually useful while you look around at other options that may suit you better. It’s actually a very well made holster, and I use mine frequently, despite having “nicer” leather alternatives for OWB carry.

I ordered mine in a faux “carbon fiber” finish, and it looks pretty nice:
Thanks for that post. Although didn't necessarily need one, I just ordered "another" holster for my Shield. I've been wanting to get a left hand holster for the Shield so ordered one of these in the "carbon fiber" finish.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

bblhd672 wrote:Thanks for that post. Although didn't necessarily need one, I just ordered "another" holster for my Shield. I've been wanting to get a left hand holster for the Shield so ordered one of these in the "carbon fiber" finish.
You’re certainly welcome. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. In fact, I think you’ll be surprised at the quality for the cheap price. I certain was.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”