Is this sign enforceable?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is this sign enforceable?

Post by warnmar10 »

RicoTX wrote:... If I was worried about it, I would just make sure the police are aware of the issue.
Make sure the police are aware of what issue?

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RicoTX »

Aware might not have been the best word to use. I mean if I was worried about the sign, I would talk to the police to make sure they know the law regarding ltc holders.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

WildRose
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildRose »

RicoTX wrote:Aware might not have been the best word to use. I mean if I was worried about the sign, I would talk to the police to make sure they know the law regarding ltc holders.
I think the place to start would be with the City's parks director, the city manager/mayor, and the city council.

Even if they are all anti carry, they need to be aware that they are violating the law.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Maybe it needs to be said again.

The sign in the OP does not violate the “fines for signs” law because it does not apply to CHL/LTC holders.

The sign is enforceable to unlicensed personnel.

The laws regarding city property have not changed. What has changed is the penalty for cities putting up or enforcing an improper ban on CHL/LTC holders carrying their handguns where the state allows by law.

I think I’ve got all that stated correctly, but we’ll see.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”