Stop the Bleed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Stop the Bleed

Post by Scott B. »

If you've had the same kit for a number of years, good idea to check expiration dates on some supplies like the clotting agents. If you've still got the powder form, it's long expired.

Some of the other materials only expire because they can't guarantee they're still sterile (but I'm sure work just fine).
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

Going to a class this weekend in Plano.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

kinda late to the convo, but i've been looking for a tq for about a month now. i see a lot of reviews on a lot of different brands that say they dont have enough length to them to apply to a larger limb (like a thigh or a fat persons upper arm) would the SOFTT-W gen4 accommodate a "huskier" person?
NRA Member

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Scott B. »

Grundy1133 wrote:kinda late to the convo, but i've been looking for a tq for about a month now. i see a lot of reviews on a lot of different brands that say they dont have enough length to them to apply to a larger limb (like a thigh or a fat persons upper arm) would the SOFTT-W gen4 accommodate a "huskier" person?
The CAT or SOFT style will do the job, more than enough length.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 6

Post by troglodyte »

Grundy1133 wrote:kinda late to the convo, but i've been looking for a tq for about a month now. i see a lot of reviews on a lot of different brands that say they dont have enough length to them to apply to a larger limb (like a thigh or a fat persons upper arm) would the SOFTT-W gen4 accommodate a "huskier" person?
I just pulled out my CAT 7 and it will make a loop about 9" in diameter.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

oljames3
Posts in topic: 5

Post by oljames3 »

Scott B. wrote:
The CAT or SOFT style will do the job, more than enough length.
My SOFTT-W (Wide ) has an effective length of 36 inches, giving a diameter of 11.45 inches and is 1.5 inches wide.

There are many cheap fakes on Amazon. Go to a reputable medical device dealer and expect pay about $30 for a good tourniquet.
https://www.tacmedsolutions.com/SOF-Tac ... iquet-Wide
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

This is what I carry in my range bag along with a trauma pak and Israeli bandage. The product below is "Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army"
https://www.narescue.com/combat-applica ... quet-c-a-t
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm registered for the Ft. Worth course this Saturday. I've had a full day class with this instructor before and view this as a brush-up on what he taught then.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”