LTC 16?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

LTC 16?

Post by crazy2medic »

The wife wants the LTC 16 handbook, are these printed? I told her she could down load off the DPS web site, but she wants a handbook, anybody know where i could get my hands on one?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC 16?

Post by OneGun »

IIRC, the LTC 16 is the handbook. You already know that you can download the LTC 16. So, is there a problem with printing the 88 pages and putting them in a 3-ring binder?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

OneGun wrote:IIRC, the LTC 16 is the handbook. You already know that you can download the LTC 16. So, is there a problem with printing the 88 pages and putting them in a 3-ring binder?
That is what I have done. I have printed the LTC 16 for family members who, for whatever reason, would not read it on the screen.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

The newest version (2017-2018) is available for download on the DPS website, & the order form for getting a print version is at the same 'Downloadable" page for $5/each. However, the order form posted still references the 2015-2016 version, so not certain you'd be getting the current version (maybe trying to deplete old stock, I don't know).

http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/forms/index.htm

In the past I've taken it on CD or emailed it to a local print shop in Dripping Springs & had booklets made as part of the materials provided to students. In years past the cost was comparable to the DPS price (just over $5/each), but each year it's gone up slightly to around $7.50/each now. You might try Office Depot / Office Max & see what their cost would be, or just print out & put in a binder as Oljames suggested.

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Thanks guys, I have told her she can read it from DPS Web site but insist on having a printed copy, we don't have a printer so I was hoping to be able to just pick one up somewhere, guess I can order the CD and get it printed!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

superstar

Post by superstar »

Reading it from a tablet or a kindle reader could be about the same weight as a printed booklet. It'll also save you the trouble in the future if you need to bring books with you, it can have unlimited bookmarks and battery lasts longer than a laptop.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

crazy2medic wrote:Thanks guys, I have told her she can read it from DPS Web site but insist on having a printed copy, we don't have a printer so I was hoping to be able to just pick one up somewhere, guess I can order the CD and get it printed!
Sorry if my post wasn't clear. You can order it in booklet form from the DPS (but currently it's listed as the older version, not the newest edition with last year's legislative changes). OR, you can download the PDF version for free from the DPS and then burn that to a CD to take to a print shop (another option is to just email the PDF to the print shop).

Sorry for any confusion.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

OneGun wrote:IIRC, the LTC 16 is the handbook. You already know that you can download the LTC 16. So, is there a problem with printing the 88 pages and putting them in a 3-ring binder?
Printer ink is more expensive than 12 year old single malt scotch......that may be one problem?

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Mike S wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Thanks guys, I have told her she can read it from DPS Web site but insist on having a printed copy, we don't have a printer so I was hoping to be able to just pick one up somewhere, guess I can order the CD and get it printed!
Sorry if my post wasn't clear. You can order it in booklet form from the DPS (but currently it's listed as the older version, not the newest edition with last year's legislative changes). OR, you can download the PDF version for free from the DPS and then burn that to a CD to take to a print shop (another option is to just email the PDF to the print shop).

Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for the clarification, this has become more difficult than I have expected it to be

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

We print them for the same price as DPS.

If you are in the area of Saginaw, you could pick one up. If not, then message me, and we can mail.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Crossfire wrote:We print them for the same price as DPS.

If you are in the area of Saginaw, you could pick one up. If not, then message me, and we can mail.
I live in Springtown so saginaw is not that far, PM me an address i'll come get one, and thank you very much!

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Newest form to order from DPS $5.00 each
https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/GS-5A.pdf
https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/forms/index.htm
License to Carry A Handgun Laws Order Form
The 2017-2018 Texas License To Carry A Handgun Laws & Selected Statutes has been updated as of February 2018, and orders are now being accepted for the handbook. GS-5A.pdf

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”