147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by DEB »

The NRA needs to sue Dallas and move the convention to Temple. Plenty of hotels in the area, the Temple/Killeen area would appreciate the revenue and guarantee it would be full with all the pro-gun soldiers, former soldiers, civilians in the area. I sure would appreciate the move, then I wouldn't have to go to anti-gun, anti-freedom, big city Dallas.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Beiruty wrote:I have been waiting for years for NRA Show to come Dallas. Last one I attended was in Houston.
I had a great time when it was in Houston. If Dallas doesn't want it, bring it back here. It was the world's largest candy store.

It was so crowded, however when some one bumped into you, everyone was so polite. "Excuse me sir, I didn't mean to bump into you, No it was my fault, my apology to you. Please have a nice day"

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

carlson1 wrote:Well the wonderful, great, terrific, Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway of Dallas wants the convention cancelled.
Someone needs to make some extremely pointed suggestions to that "Politician".
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

strogg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by strogg »

I suggest that if the NRA really want to stick it to Dallas, they can move the convention to Fort Worth. Nothing like moving a huge moneymaker next door to a competing city. And everyone who has booked flights can still fly into DFW.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Deitz83 »

Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Deitz83 wrote:Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.
Thank you for following through with that. It is hard to find people who are willing to use their personal time to confront politicians over their silliness. If you ever speak to him again, maybe you could refer him to a most excellent book: Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms”, by Nicholas Johnson. Maybe it might open his eyes. A truly FREE people are free to be armed by whatever means necessary. To the extent that a people is not completely free to arm itself by whatever means necessary, that people is not truly free. Maybe he should be asked to his face what he has against people of color being truly free.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Deitz83 wrote:Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.
Thank you for following through with that. It is hard to find people who are willing to use their personal time to confront politicians over their silliness. If you ever speak to him again, maybe you could refer him to a most excellent book: Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms”, by Nicholas Johnson. Maybe it might open his eyes. A truly FREE people are free to be armed by whatever means necessary. To the extent that a people is not completely free to arm itself by whatever means necessary, that people is not truly free. Maybe he should be asked to his face what he has against people of color being truly free.
Your welcome..

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Honestly, when he made that speech, I thought he was encouraging people to come to his town to protest and tear it up.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Well, seeing what you have there in Mr. Caraway, is there a great deal of wonder about his asking/suggesting that the NRA Convention relocate?

If the City of Dallas feels that way about the NRA, we should indeed take our business elsewhere.

I don't know the amount, but a guaranteed bond by the city to cover all losses incurred by the move would help. Maybe $10 - $15 Million?

In any situation like this, the cost and burden should be born by the requesting party, i.e., the City of Dallas.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

As I understand it, there is no evidence the City of Dallas feels that way.

This is nothing more than some numbnuts bloviating for what he thinks will be political gain.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

https://prereg.nraam.org/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I will say again, "Dallas is in great need of a mayor".

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

bblhd672 wrote:Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

I did too. Even upgraded my Life membership to Endowed for only $250.00
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero
Posts in topic: 13

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote:Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

Same here...

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Flightmare »

Thankyou for the heads up. My badge order just placed. Looking forward to this since last year.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”