147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by rotor »

The danger to posting at sites such as this, my local paper had quotes from Grundy1133 concerning the NRA convention and disarming LTC holders. Not that Grundy comments were bad but they can be used to reflect against the NRA if the author of the newspaper column wants to slant it that way, and they usually do.

The lesson to be learned is that we are not alone on this site, anyone can see our comments and use it against us.

FYI folks.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

rotor wrote:The danger to posting at sites such as this, my local paper had quotes from Grundy1133 concerning the NRA convention and disarming LTC holders. Not that Grundy comments were bad but they can be used to reflect against the NRA if the author of the newspaper column wants to slant it that way, and they usually do.

The lesson to be learned is that we are not alone on this site, anyone can see our comments and use it against us.

FYI folks.
Not just your local paper is publishing comments from here
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/3 ... -the-truth

http://www.nris.com/news/NRA-draws-fire ... nce-103760
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

flechero wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote: We need a TXCHLForum.com morale patch!!! ;-)
Just wear your LTC badge and we'll find you that way! "rlol"
I don't have a badge, but I could wear my sash! Great idea... :lol: :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

bblhd672 wrote:
rotor wrote:The danger to posting at sites such as this, my local paper had quotes from Grundy1133 concerning the NRA convention and disarming LTC holders. Not that Grundy comments were bad but they can be used to reflect against the NRA if the author of the newspaper column wants to slant it that way, and they usually do.

FYI folks.

This forum is under a big microscope. Shannon Watts is a regular lurker here as well.
Psalm 91:2

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

The article was edited to reflect that we are aware that the Media is reading our forum. Yeah, we are NEWS makers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

fstfrd00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fstfrd00 »

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

SQLGeek wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

FYI folks.

This forum is under a big microscope. Shannon Watts is a regular lurker here as well.
I found myself quoted in the news from a comment on this forum a short time after joining. My comments then were in reference to the passage of open carry in Texas. I have stayed away from this subject of restricting carry during the NRA convention just because I have no wish to offer further propaganda to those in the media who would like to take away our civil rights. Be careful what you say.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

smartalek

Post by smartalek »

RicoTX wrote:
magillapd wrote:if I was a dem, I'd have a field day with this.
Don't know if you know this, but your post here got cited in an NPR news report:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -president

I hope you don't take this as an insult, because it's certainly not intended that way, but you are a conservative that this northeastern liberal can respect and could get along with.
You are consistent in your principles, and that is deeply appreciated.
Haven't read the rest of this thread yet -- hope you didn't get attacked (or, if so, at least not too badly).
Cheers,
smartalek
Boston, MA

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

Beiruty wrote:The article was edited to reflect that we are aware that the Media is reading our forum. Yeah, we are NEWS makers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which article?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

SQLGeek wrote:
BBYC wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:[Both the VP and President are coming to speak in person to the NRA meeting. Why would the NRA shoot themselves in the foot politically (again) and turn them away? They wouldn't and they shouldn't.
Remind me again what Trump has done for gun rights as POTUS, other than attack (currenty) legal accessories?
What does starting a political fight with the POTUS gain the NRA?
Well played my friend. Well played! The answer to both questions is the same: nothing!

:cheers2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RicoTX »

RicoTX wrote: <snip>
I'm not saying Pence shouldn't have security. I'm saying that by having him speak at the largest gathering of 2A supporters, but not allowing good guys to carry guns makes our entire argument weak. We should not put ourselves in this situation. He could have done this remotely without saying why and accomplished the same thing. Now the left will be saying that even the republicans don't trust good guys with a gun.

The optics of this are simply terrible... and could have been avoided.
</snip>
I stand by my statement...even I saw this coming...the nra big wigs had to know it was coming...and yes I know I have been quoted all over the place. We all know the issue is the secret service....but the 2nd to last line in my quote is exactly how the press is playing it. I knew they would, and the NRA knew they would....which is why i said what is in the last line.

That being said, I hope there are record crowds and something good comes from President Trump and VP Pence being there....maybe letting us carry in the post office...
Hey a guy can dream right? :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

RicoTX wrote:That being said, I hope there are record crowds and something good comes from President Trump and VP Pence being there
:iagree: Trump proved he can talk big.

Sorry, I mean "YUGE!" It's fantastic the way he can talk. Many people say so. Believe me. Now it's time to play in the big league and restore gun rights. Make America Great Again. Even the losers and haters know gun control is a failure.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

flechero
Posts in topic: 13

Post by flechero »

Now that the notifications are all updated, it's pretty clear that the arena is the only area off limits. I wish they had cleared it up from the start to avoid the media trashing. The current version of the website notifications are not the same as the originals. (thus the initial confusion for anyone not familiar with the KBHCC)

You (the proverbial you) wouldn't expect to carry anywhere else in the world they would be, just because it's an NRA event, the protection status of our Nation's leaders doesn't change. And when the only vetting of the 10's of thousands of attendees is a $30 (open to anyone) membership, they should expect anyone with ill intent to take advantage of that. I expect the left to dishonestly point out a "double standard" but we should be objective enough to see the difference and see that it's actually SOP. :tiphat:

Maybe next time they should have the Pres/VP give their speeches at the big Dallas Post Office!! That way there is no misunderstanding and no backlash about firearms! "rlol"

DestinationTex

Post by DestinationTex »

Well PM me if anyone has red/blue/green tix that you've decided not to use and want your money back :mrgreen:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”