147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 13

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by jason812 »

Me too. I looked at the website and haven't figured out how to get in the door. I can't remember where my NRA card is as I carry the bare necessities in my wallet. I plan on going with a few buddies who may or may not be NRA members so I'm interested in advise as well.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jago668 »

I already requested that Friday off, so I'll be there. My two ladies may or may not come.
NRA Benefactor Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

I will be there. I am off on that Friday. Plan ahead. Make a list what you would like to see first. It is huuuuugge
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

jason812 wrote:Me too. I looked at the website and haven't figured out how to get in the door. I can't remember where my NRA card is as I carry the bare necessities in my wallet. I plan on going with a few buddies who may or may not be NRA members so I'm interested in advise as well.
Open to all members in good standing, spouses and children under 18. Preregistration has not begun. Here's a link.

https://www.nraam.org/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

Planning on taking vacation day on Friday and spending the weekend at the Convention.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

I believe I will have to attend this one as well.
USAF 1982-2005

rotor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rotor »

Is it going to be posted 30.06/07? There is no listing of firearm policy. Page says please check back.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'll probably make it for at least one day, probably Friday.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

I plan to go on Friday mainly to see the exhibits. I went ahead and booked Thu/Fri night through the NRAAM.org website to make sure I have a place to hang my hat. Don't believe I want to drive up to Dallas and back in one day. Looks like rooms are filling up fast, and be aware that on and after March 8 there is a $100 cancellation fee for rooms booked through the nraam.org website.
USAF 1982-2005

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

rotor wrote:Is it going to be posted 30.06/07? There is no listing of firearm policy. Page says please check back.
In the past, the NRA Convention has followed local laws. When the convention was in Houston in years past, people carried lawfully. Don't imagine it will change, now.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

strogg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by strogg »

n5wd wrote:
rotor wrote:Is it going to be posted 30.06/07? There is no listing of firearm policy. Page says please check back.
In the past, the NRA Convention has followed local laws. When the convention was in Houston in years past, people carried lawfully. Don't imagine it will change, now.
I hope so, but who knows. It's like those 30.06/30.07 signs at gun shows. It's not necessarily the property owners or the event organizers that want to put those signs up, but the insurance companies that refuse to cover the liability if someone gets hurt from a ND and force the organizers to put up those signs.

Regardless, I can't wait to go. It'll be a blast. I'm glad I'm local and can just drive there.

rotor

Post by rotor »

strogg wrote:
n5wd wrote:
I hope so, but who knows. It's like those 30.06/30.07 signs at gun shows. It's not necessarily the property owners or the event organizers that want to put those signs up, but the insurance companies that refuse to cover the liability if someone gets hurt from a ND and force the organizers to put up those signs.

Regardless, I can't wait to go. It'll be a blast. I'm glad I'm local and can just drive there.
Do you know for a certainty that insurance companies are doing that? Have you seen an insurance policy that says that only people with LTC can not carry at a gun show? Will the insurance company cover if someone illegally (not a LTC holder) carries and there is a ND?

strogg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by strogg »

rotor wrote: Do you know for a certainty that insurance companies are doing that? Have you seen an insurance policy that says that only people with LTC can not carry at a gun show? Will the insurance company cover if someone illegally (not a LTC holder) carries and there is a ND?
I honestly don't know for certain about the insurance thing. More speculation, but from what I've been reading around the interwebs, most likely fact than fiction. I haven't found any concrete evidence pointing one way or the other, though. Upon rereading my post, I realize that I didn't actually say what I intended to say. My apologies. Let me rephrase the point I was trying to make: insurance companies may want event organizers and venues to do their best in making sure no negligent discharges occur at a gun show that the insurance payor is covering. That best effort may certainly involve a no-loaded-firearms policy at the event. Lifting that requirement may end up costing the organizers and/or the venue more money than they can spend, which is why many gun shows have the no-loaded-firearms policy. You can thank the idiots who NDed in gun shows nationwide for that.

In the case of the NRAAM, I'd be surprised if there there is a no-carry policy. Since this is more of a convention than it is a gun show, and with the deep pockets the NRA has, I would expect that they continue with the tradition of fully honoring 2A rights this year.

roadkill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by roadkill »

Can’t speak for the nra event but August 2016 and also yrs priorI was at the convention center for a truck show and it wasn’t posted at that time. Also the convention center is owned by the city of Dallas so I would suspect that it will not be posted at the nra event.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”