DFW Auto Show at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tool4daman
Posts in topic: 2

DFW Auto Show at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center

Post by tool4daman »

I’m thinking of going to the auto show tomorrow at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson convention center in downtown Dallas. I know they allow licensed carry there as they are owned and managed by the city. I also checked their website and saw in writing that they allow licensed carry.

My question is has anyone been to the auto show this year and/or do you know if they actually use metal detectors? If so- do you have to go through a special line or special entrance to show your LTC and speak to an officer? I’m trying to ensure I get to the right entrance the first time, and not walk an additional 987 miles to get to the right entrance.

I did try searching before and saw a couple threads about the Safari club show as well as an old motorcycle show at the KB Bailey Hutchinson convention center. But I didn’t see anything about this year‘s auto show. Also previous threads I only saw dealt with Carrying in general and not necessarily a specific entrance we had to go through if we were lawfully carrying.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DFW Auto Show at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center

Post by ScottDLS »

I've been to KBHCC for numerous events and they never had metal detectors. There are no signs that I've seen anywhere.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

tkc723

Post by tkc723 »

I was just there 2 weeks ago for a motorcycle show. There were no signs, no metal detectors, and no special entrances for LTC. Bought my ticket and walked through a regular entrance.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I've been the past two years and have never seen a metal detector at the entrance. I've also been to another show (18 wheeler trucks) the past couple of years and no metal detectors there either.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I'm going today with a group. I don't expect any issues.
It would be embarrassing if they have metal detectors.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

Thanks for the replies, guys. Had no problems. No metal detectors, so I had to provide no explanations to anybody. (Like why I open carry a 1911 vs conceal carrying a Glock).

Hahahahaha. Where will this thread go now?
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

Just a point of information, the NRA Convention will be held at the KBH Convention Center in May. The NRA states that the convention will only be held in locations that don't restrict concealed carry.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

jason812

Post by jason812 »

tool4daman wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys. Had no problems. No metal detectors, so I had to provide no explanations to anybody. (Like why I open carry a 1911 vs conceal carrying a Glock).

n5wmk wrote:Just a point of information, the NRA Convention will be held at the KBH Convention Center in May. The NRA states that the convention will only be held in locations that don't restrict concealed carry.
Does this mean the KBH allows open carry? My OWB holster should be here tomorrow and I got it just to open carry at the NRA convention.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

jason812 wrote:
tool4daman wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys. Had no problems. No metal detectors, so I had to provide no explanations to anybody. (Like why I open carry a 1911 vs conceal carrying a Glock).

n5wmk wrote:Just a point of information, the NRA Convention will be held at the KBH Convention Center in May. The NRA states that the convention will only be held in locations that don't restrict concealed carry.
Does this mean the KBH allows open carry? My OWB holster should be here tomorrow and I got it just to open carry at the NRA convention.

But Dallas' Dwaine "tax the grocery bag" Caraway doesn't want our business! "rlol"

http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-may ... -of-dallas
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
jason812 wrote:

But Dallas' Dwaine "tax the grocery bag" Caraway doesn't want our business! "rlol"

http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-may ... -of-dallas
Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway wrote:“I am saying to the NRA, reconsider coming to Dallas. There will be marches and demonstrations should they come to Dallas,” Caraway said at a Monday morning press conference.
I was planning on not wearing my backpack but that article might make me rethink that thought.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”