CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Colbert Show Ridiculous Arguments

Post by TheFriscoKid »

One thing I can't stand is how the anti-2A try to simplify and ridicule what is a very complex discussion.

Here's a good example from last nights talk shows and from what I can tell all these late night shows are 99% anti-gun rights of any sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiiuUzFQ2Bg

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Colbert Show Ridiculous Arguments

Post by Oldgringo »

Why would anyone watch this tripe in prime time not to mention stay up for late time?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Oldgringo wrote:Why would anyone watch this tripe in prime time not to mention stay up for late time?
Some people get their main talking points from these shows.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Watching these shows on these legacy channels feeds the enemy. They do not have a voice without viewers. Stop watching.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TheFriscoKid »

I don't think it really changes anything. As long as they are staying up late, getting high, laughing and eating Doritos they probably aren't voting or writing letters to their congressmen.

The thing is it's the same jokes on every channel. Comedy Central, ABC, NBC and CBS as exampled above. I'd like to have a laugh too but now when confronted with this political garbage night after night.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

TheFriscoKid wrote:I don't think it really changes anything. As long as they are staying up late, getting high, laughing and eating Doritos they probably aren't voting or writing letters to their congressmen.

The thing is it's the same jokes on every channel. Comedy Central, ABC, NBC and CBS as exampled above. I'd like to have a laugh too but now when confronted with this political garbage night after night.
"rlol"

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TheFriscoKid wrote:The thing is it's the same jokes on every channel. Comedy Central, ABC, NBC and CBS as exampled above. I'd like to have a laugh too but now when confronted with this political garbage night after night.
And that is exactly why I no longer watch any late night shows. If I wanted to be barraged with leftist nonsense I'd just watch CNN or MSNBC.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

When this particular cretin happens to be pop up on my on tv I promptly switch channels.

He't a male Rosie O'D...not funny, brimming with smarm, hates America, what it stands for and all it's citizens.

He's probably be a big hit in Venezuela.

howdy

Post by howdy »

He makes me ill.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

The last late night host I watched was Leno. Now my 'after 11pm' viewing is movies, automotive shows, or rock or country music video channels.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”