Deputy Scot Peterson

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Deputy Scot Peterson Claims he Acted Appropriately

Post by OneGun »

Speaking for Scot Peterson, lawyer Joseph DiRuzzo said in a news release that the one-time school resource officer of the year didn't go inside the high school because it sounded like the shooting was happening outside the building.

DiRuzzo said Peterson is confident he followed procedures and will be exonerated.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/26/fl ... -says.html
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

OneGun wrote:
Speaking for Scot Peterson, lawyer Joseph DiRuzzo said in a news release that the one-time school resource officer of the year didn't go inside the high school because it sounded like the shooting was happening outside the building.

DiRuzzo said Peterson is confident he followed procedures and will be exonerated.
I thought he claimed that he gave the exact location of the shooter? How could that be if he was so confused about where the shooting was happening?

He is either an idiot or a coward. It looks like he is arguing for stupidity. Probably the better of the two options, IMHO.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
OneGun wrote:

I thought he claimed that he gave the exact location of the shooter? How could that be if he was so confused about where the shooting was happening?

He is either an idiot or a coward. It looks like he is arguing for stupidity. Probably the better of the two options, IMHO.
My thoughts at first when they said it was one deputy. Last week, the count went to two deputies - and my opinion was the same: cowards.

But, as of yesterday's news, the reports by other responding departments say FOUR deputies were on scene using vehicles as cover with pistols drawn. Four sounds more like a stand down order to me ...

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Deputy Scot Peterson

Post by RoyGBiv »

I have not confirmed the veracity of the information posted here... Readers use caution.

People don't understand how Broward County School Sheriff Officers operate.

:shock:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WTR »

Comments coming from a someone with five deferments for Vietnam Nam need to be tempered with reality. I don't think for a second that Trump would have gone in the school building. Gun or no gun.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

RoyGBiv wrote:I have not confirmed the veracity of the information posted here... Readers use caution.

People don't understand how Broward County School Sheriff Officers operate.

:shock:
I've read this in several places. So their student criminal numbers went down, but what about their student victim numbers?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

WTR wrote:Comments coming from a someone with five deferments for Vietnam Nam need to be tempered with reality. I don't think for a second that Trump would have gone in the school building. Gun or no gun.
- what? a person can't change in over 40 years? wow....I'm glad not everyone things like you!

- Also, I listened to this and I remember his words as being "I'd like to think I would go in....."
I could be wrong.....
I think everyone would "like to think they would go in within or without a weapon.....to save kids
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

SewTexas wrote:
WTR wrote:Comments coming from a someone with five deferments for Vietnam Nam need to be tempered with reality. I don't think for a second that Trump would have gone in the school building. Gun or no gun.
- what? a person can't change in over 40 years? wow....I'm glad not everyone things like you!

- Also, I listened to this and I remember his words as being "I'd like to think I would go in....."
I could be wrong.....
I think everyone would "like to think they would go in within or without a weapon.....to save kids
I voted for the guy, but he needs to keep his feet out of his mouth. He rips the Deputies for not going in and says he would like to think he would have gone in without a gun. I guess he would like to think he answered his countries call during Vietnam Nam, and run in.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

WTR wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

I could be wrong.....
I voted for the guy, but he needs to keep his feet out of his mouth. He rips the Deputies for not going in and says he would like to think he would have gone in without a gun. I guess he would like to think he answered his countries call during Vietnam Nam, and run in.
Were you in Vietnam? Did you go to college? Do you think you would have gone into the Parkland school?

Chas.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
WTR wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

I could be wrong.....
Were you in Vietnam? Did you go to college? Do you think you would have gone into the Parkland school?

Chas.
I'm not sure if this was to me or to WTR? if it was to me, I was a child during Vietnam, my dad was in the Navy at the time, so he didn't see any fighting. He had enlisted before it started. Like I said, I would like to think I would have gone in, but I don't think anyone knows until the situation presents itself.
~Tracy

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

I was in Vietnam and my gut reaction about this guy was why wasn't he active instead of taking cover but blindly running to a shots fired sound wouldn't be the best tactic. Just not a good situation.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

tool4daman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tool4daman »

Trump’s job isn’t to go into the building- Peterson’s was.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

tool4daman wrote:

No argument. Just don't talk like a bad dude when past history shows otherwise. 'Don't be hypocritical and dis a guy for something you have run from in the past.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

WTR wrote:
tool4daman wrote:

No argument. Just don't talk like a bad dude when past history shows otherwise. 'Don't be hypocritical and dis a guy for something you have run from in the past.
How about answering my questions. He's hardly being hypocritical when he says he thinks he'd go into a building. So what if he had a college deferment so he could go to college. That deferment only lasted until he was out of college.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

SewTexas wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
WTR wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

I could be wrong.....

Chas.
I'm not sure if this was to me or to WTR? if it was to me, I was a child during Vietnam, my dad was in the Navy at the time, so he didn't see any fighting. He had enlisted before it started. Like I said, I would like to think I would have gone in, but I don't think anyone knows until the situation presents itself.
The questions were directed to WTR who apparently feels a college deferment is something shameful. I want his experience.

Chas.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”