Renewal question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 2

Renewal question

Post by patterson »

Got my renewal notice in the mail today but doesnt expire till my birthday in August so why are they sending notice so early? If I renew now will my next expiration change from my birthday to the newer early date that current renewal takes place?

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal question

Post by Vol Texan »

They're just giving you plenty of time to do it. Your renewal will be on your birthday, even if you get the renewal done early.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

patterson wrote:Got my renewal notice in the mail today but doesnt expire till my birthday in August so why are they sending notice so early? If I renew now will my next expiration change from my birthday to the newer early date that current renewal takes place?
No. You can go ahead and renew now, and your new expiration date will be the same as if you’d waited. My renewal was scheduled for my birthday, last October 5th, 2017. I got my notice of renewal in June of 2017, if I recall correctly, and I went ahead and renewed then. My new license shows a renewal date of 10/05/2022 .....5 years after my birthday last October.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

:iagree:

I renewed mine right after getting the notice in Feb of 2014. That license expires on my August birthday in 2019.

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 42&t=71646
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 2

Post by patterson »

thanks all i will go ahead and renew

cpojoe

Post by cpojoe »

I started my renewl before I even got the notice. Did the online renewal on 2/20/18 and as of 3/1/18 the status shows as MAILED.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I just received my renewed license, it shows a July 2023 expiration. The reason to go ahead a renew early is because you cannot legally carry with an expired license, even if the renewal is on it's way.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

cpojoe wrote:I started my renewl before I even got the notice. Did the online renewal on 2/20/18 and as of 3/1/18 the status shows as MAILED.
That's what I did. I knew I could renew 6 months before expiration, so I was watching the web site. As soon as I saw the option to renew, I did so. I was anxious to get my shiny, new LTC to replace my obsolete CHL. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”