Majestic theater in Dallas posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Majestic theater in Dallas posted?

Post by RPBrown »

My lovely bride got us tickets to see the acapella group HOME FREE ( great group by the way) at the Majestic Theater in Dallas. I checked Texas 30.06 but it wasn’t listed. Anyone know if it’s posted?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Majestic theater in Dallas posted?

Post by Keith B »

It is a RED location per TABC.
License #: MB988806

Trade Name: ED CAMPBELL CONCESSIONS COMPANY
Owner: ED CAMPBELL CONCESSIONS COMPANY
Location Address:
1925 ELM STREET
DALLAS , TX 75201
Mailing Address:
PO BOX 141168
DALLAS , TX 75214
County: Dallas Orig. Issue Date: 7/19/2017
Wine Percent:
Location Phone No.: 214-426-4610
Subordinates: CB,LB,PE
Related To: Gun Sign: RED
Please look for the 51% sign and if you can take a photo and submit to www.texas3006.com and we will get it in the database.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I know they have a bar inside but I find it hard to believe that the whole venue could get 51% from alcohol sales since the tickets for the shows are not cheap and most are sold out
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Went to the concert last night and as I suspected there is a small bar inside that opens up to the theater. It does have a 51% sign inside the bar itself. They also had a portable bar at the entrance of the auditorium but no signs.
Wouldn’t this be similar to a bar in a hotel where just the bar is posted and not the rest of the theater?
TSRA-Life member

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

RPBrown wrote:Went to the concert last night and as I suspected there is a small bar inside that opens up to the theater. It does have a 51% sign inside the bar itself. They also had a portable bar at the entrance of the auditorium but no signs.
Wouldn’t this be similar to a bar in a hotel where just the bar is posted and not the rest of the theater?
No. The problem is the license. In the case of the hotel where the bar is the only posted location, the license is generally restricted to that location by marking off the rest of the hotel with the TABC application. In this case, the bar does not allow drinks to go outside of the area marked on the license.

In the case of the theater, the license probably does not mark off anything, so it applies to the whole address. This is how they can have the second portable bar with no posted notices. It also lets you take the drinks to your seat without a problem.

The hope for a defense though is that the 51% sign is not properly displayed. Then you might have a defense to prosecution if something did happen. The sign should be at each entrance to the premises.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”