How many avoid doing buisness with those who respect rights?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 2

How many avoid doing buisness with those who respect rights?

Post by rp_photo »

I'm thinking that the number of anti-gunners who avoid businesses for not posting is far less than pro-gunners who avoid businesses that do.

I'm also thinking that few are boycotting businesses for not dropping their NRA discounts or still selling long guns to those 18 to 20.

In my humble opinion, businesses would be wise to observe a 30-day waiting period before deciding to change policies or drop NRA discounts.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How many avoid doing buisness with those who respect rights?

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I do as much as I can for instance, I don’t allow my family to go to AMC movie theaters we go to movie house and eatery instead.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

There’s no shortage of hypocrites on the anti-2A side.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor

Post by rotor »

People who are pro 2A remember these discretions forever. The average person will remember them for 2 weeks. Anti-gun people are not going to favor a business for anti-gun sentiments. The important thing to remember is that pro 2A people don't ever forget.

Topic author
rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

rotor wrote:People who are pro 2A remember these discretions forever. The average person will remember them for 2 weeks. Anti-gun people are not going to favor a business for anti-gun sentiments. The important thing to remember is that pro 2A people don't ever forget.
Now I know why the elephant is our political symbol :)
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Weg

Post by Weg »

People who are pro 2A remember these discretions forever. The average person will remember them for 2 weeks. Anti-gun people are not going to favor a business for anti-gun sentiments. The important thing to remember is that pro 2A people don't ever forget.
Well said. I have not bought a Colt product since 1993 when they came out in support of the original AWB ban, and never will. Burn me once, and you lost me forever when it comes to 2a issues.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote:People who are pro 2A remember these discretions forever. The average person will remember them for 2 weeks. Anti-gun people are not going to favor a business for anti-gun sentiments. The important thing to remember is that pro 2A people don't ever forget.

:iagree:

If the anti gunners, had actually followed through on their threatened boycotts of businesses who refused to cave in, to their demands to ban guns on their property, those places would have gone out of business, long ago. On the other hand, those of us, who are pro 2a, and LTC holders, are more politically aware, and prone to be more discerning with whom we do business.
Not to mention, there are many more businesses, who are not anti gun, than those that are, so anti gunners, would have a very limited number of places to patronize. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

theres over 1/3 of US citizens own guns.... if we were the problem, they'd know it... Personally I avoid all anti-gun businesses. my girlfriend went to a car dealership to look for a new car. they had 30.06 and 30.07 signs up. I refused to put up my gun and get out of the car. I know at some point it'll be impossible to avoid a no gun zone but unless i know im gonna get in major trouble with the GF, i refuse to go into said businesses.
NRA Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Realistically, LTC holders in Texas are less than 10% of the population. Even if everyone on of them were firm in the conviction not to do business with anti-gun establishments, there won't be much of an impact. But I seldom miss an opportunity to talk to friends about those businesses. If someone mentions Sprouts Farmer's Market, for example, I make a point of suggesting alternatives. My personal experience is that Sprout's doesn't turn over their vegetable stock as quickly as others to there is fresher produce to be had. I don't have to even mention the 30.06 signs on the door. Someone else mentioned AMC versus the Movie Eatery and I never fail to talk about how much better ME experiences are and how the AMCs that I've visited weren't well kept, which was the truth.

Persistence can help to win the battle. There are lots of reasons besides their anti-gun policies not to visit places like Dick's. I just make sure that I have them available in discussions. I think you can call it a force multiplier. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

chasfm11 wrote:Realistically, LTC holders in Texas are less than 10% of the population. Even if everyone on of them were firm in the conviction not to do business with anti-gun establishments, there won't be much of an impact. :
Most businesses take that +/- 10% of their growth pretty seriously. It can be the difference between loss and growth. I think that the reason that a lot of these places don't care is that they don't recognize or understand the loss of business is from those who care. There are instances a few anti 2nd amendment stances at some businesses have backed down. Taco Cabana's 30.06 signs eventually came down because of social media pressure for instance.

I think that the most effective thing we can do is to politely explain that we had to turn around when we were barred from the bussiness because of a sign or antigun policy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I sent HEB an e-mail about a year or two ago explaining why i would no longer be spending my moneu in there store. They have a 30-06 sign on the front window of the store where you go in. I spent approximately 750.00 dollars a month on groceries there. Now i go to Krogers or Walmart. Never got a response from them.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I sent HEB an e-mail about a year or two ago explaining why i would no longer be spending my moneu in there store. They have a 30-06 sign on the front window of the store where you go in. I spent approximately 750.00 dollars a month on groceries there. Now i go to Krogers or Walmart. Never got a response from them.
kroger is heading the way of HEB also. they dont sell any gun or ammo related magazines anymore. wont be long beofre they plaster 30.06 signs. (also if HEB only has 30.06, why not open carry instead ;-) )
NRA Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:I sent HEB an e-mail about a year or two ago explaining why i would no longer be spending my moneu in there store. They have a 30-06 sign on the front window of the store where you go in. I spent approximately 750.00 dollars a month on groceries there. Now i go to Krogers or Walmart. Never got a response from them.
kroger is heading the way of HEB also. they dont sell any gun or ammo related magazines anymore. wont be long beofre they plaster 30.06 signs. (also if HEB only has 30.06, why not open carry instead ;-) )
HEB has 30.07 signs only.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Canceled Citi Visa today.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

There was a gas station/convenience store that I went to at least twice a week that was never posted. When open carry passed, they posted both 06/07 signs. I stopped going there, but passed by often on the way to work in the early mornings. I kept noticing a lot of police activity almost weekly. Finally, stopped in and asked what had been going on with all the police so often. The clerk said they had been held up like 5 times that month. I couldn't help but say "well I guess those signs in the window aren't doing much good!" Two days later, both signs were gone. :cool: But to answer the original question, I avoid any business that post 06 signs, but will still go to ones that are only 07 posted, like Taco Cabana and El Fenix. :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”