How many avoid doing buisness with those who respect rights?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Re: How many avoid doing buisness with those who respect rights?

Post by Grundy1133 »

txglock21 wrote:There was a gas station/convenience store that I went to at least twice a week that was never posted. When open carry passed, they posted both 06/07 signs. I stopped going there, but passed by often on the way to work in the early mornings. I kept noticing a lot of police activity almost weekly. Finally, stopped in and asked what had been going on with all the police so often. The clerk said they had been held up like 5 times that month. I couldn't help but say "well I guess those signs in the window aren't doing much good!" Two days later, both signs were gone. :cool: But to answer the original question, I avoid any business that post 06 signs, but will still go to ones that are only 07 posted, like Taco Cabana and El Fenix. :tiphat:
same here. I'm personally not a fan of open carry so I understand why they'd have 30.07 signs. However if you are a fan of open carry I don't condemn you and won't try to convince you to give up your ways or anything like that. To each their own. live and let live.
NRA Member

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

Liberty wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:I sent HEB an e-mail about a year or two ago explaining why i would no longer be spending my moneu in there store. They have a 30-06 sign on the front window of the store where you go in. I spent approximately 750.00 dollars a month on groceries there. Now i go to Krogers or Walmart. Never got a response from them.
kroger is heading the way of HEB also. they dont sell any gun or ammo related magazines anymore. wont be long beofre they plaster 30.06 signs. (also if HEB only has 30.06, why not open carry instead ;-) )
HEB has 30.07 signs only.
typo i guess?
NRA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

We The People, call on Congress as protectors of individual liberties and freedom, to dispose of Citigroup/Citibank as a supplier of Government Credit Cards until they stop their affront to freedom.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... government
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Taco Cabana doesn’t even post 30.07 signs. They only have a sign asking that folks not OC.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

C-dub wrote:Taco Cabana doesn’t even post 30.07 signs. They only have a sign asking that folks not OC.
That's what I thought, but I haven't been in one in many months.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

C-dub wrote:Taco Cabana doesn’t even post 30.07 signs. They only have a sign asking that folks not OC.
Same with Texas Roadhouse ( last time I went).

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I bet they would ask you to leave or cover it up if someone did OC, but I haven’t tried, so I’m not really sure wat would happen.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I am not against open carry. I look at the 30.07 as a mere dress code, that dress code doesn't prevent me from carrying to protect myself or loved ones.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

At one time several years ago they had a small (unenforcable) 8 1/2 x 11 30.05 sign, they got a lot of emails, letters and social media discussion about their signs. Eventually the signs came down.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

twomillenium wrote:I am not against open carry. I look at the 30.07 as a mere dress code, that dress code doesn't prevent me from carrying to protect myself or loved ones.
It's a weird dress code since it asks you to look less professional and more casual. Kind of like the software companies that used to put up humorous signs saying "no ties allowed". I almost always wear a button down, tucked in shirt for work, but I will untuck half of my shirt and look like a bit of a slob in your business if you insist. Just don't ask me to stop showering or wearing shoes.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Am I the only one to find the title of this thread...confusing?

A little clarity would go a long way.

If you respect my rights, I'll do business with you.

If you post 30.07 at the gas pump, I won't do business with you. Why, I'm gonna OC at the gas pump.

If you post 30.06 I won't do business with you, unless forced to like a hospital where I need medical attention.

Otherwise, if you're some garden variety store i.e., clothing, restaurant, grocery store, and you've posted a 30.06 sign, I'll go elsewhere for my needs.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I am not against open carry. I look at the 30.07 as a mere dress code, that dress code doesn't prevent me from carrying to protect myself or loved ones.
It's a weird dress code since it asks you to look less professional and more casual. Kind of like the software companies that used to put up humorous signs saying "no ties allowed". I almost always wear a button down, tucked in shirt for work, but I will untuck half of my shirt and look like a bit of a slob in your business if you insist. Just don't ask me to stop showering or wearing shoes.
I don't mind the slob look, I never was one for being pretentious.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Abraham wrote:Am I the only one to find the title of this thread...confusing?

A little clarity would go a long way.

If you respect my rights, I'll do business with you.

If you post 30.07 at the gas pump, I won't do business with you. Why, I'm gonna OC at the gas pump.

If you post 30.06 I won't do business with you, unless forced to like a hospital where I need medical attention.

Otherwise, if you're some garden variety store i.e., clothing, restaurant, grocery store, and you've posted a 30.06 sign, I'll go elsewhere for my needs.
Will they post a sign at every "entrance" to the gas pump? :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

ScottDLS,

That's a great question.

I know this, when gassing up in the past, I've been approached with beggers, sellers of dubious merchandise and others wanting a 'little' gas money, etc....guess what, with OC while gassing up no one approaches me.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”